• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol prices in your area

petrol has gone down alot recently. every time i come home i notice it has dropped another few pence. it is now 113.

Fuel price always Goes up in June / July, then drops off. Apparently the Americans use a lot in the early summer months and this pushes the price up.

I heard it on the Internet, so it must be true.... :lol:

Filled up the SV1000 with V-power last night at the Ipswich Road Shell in Norwich and it was 120.9

Filled up the SV1000 with V-power last night at the Ipswich Road Shell in Norwich and it was 120.9

How does it work with bikes, Skip?

When I hire the gsx-r, the guy in the shop says 'put in 95 RON'.

Are bikes tuned to run on 95 or 98?

:D

How does it work with bikes, Skip?

When I hire the gsx-r, the guy in the shop says 'put in 95 RON'.

Are bikes tuned to run on 95 or 98?

:D
As far as I know bikes are 95 from the factory - I have been using Sainsburys 95 in the SV all summer (Nectar points FTW!) but recently its felt a bit fluffy when backing off at around 6-7000rpm (midrange for the SV) - so last week I filled up with BP Ultimate (127.9 !!) - noticed no difference at all. Last night I put the V-power in and did the 9 mile journey home without noticing anything - this mornings commute (10 miles) the bike definitely felt more sprightly - not a massive difference but as I ride it everyday its noticeably "peppier".

Bikes don't have a knock sensor as far as I know - so cant take advantage of the higher octane - no idea what is making my bike feel better but all I can say is V-power FTW lol

ha ha i just about can.

I was okay until a fortnight ago :lol: , now it has become an issue. :(

Certain roads in chingford are now off limits. Hall Lane (near Greens) is one. Forest Side (near the queen elizabeth pub) is another. :(

I was okay until a fortnight ago :lol: , now it has become an issue. :(

Certain roads in chingford are now off limits. Hall Lane (near Greens) is one. Forest Side (near the queen elizabeth pub) is another. :(

Wadham Road? Got to try and get to my gym tonight!

As far as I know bikes are 95 from the factory - I have been using Sainsburys 95 in the SV all summer (Nectar points FTW!) but recently its felt a bit fluffy when backing off at around 6-7000rpm (midrange for the

Bikes don't have a knock sensor as far as I know - so cant take advantage of the higher octane - no idea what is making my bike feel better but all I can say is V-power FTW lol
v-power is quite high in terms of calories/joules of energy (per litre). That could explain it. Probably more noticeable on the bike than in the car, as the effect is probably multiplied by the power to weight ratio. :D

£1.239 for V-Power

but it will seem a damn sight cheaper with this bad boy...

Shell.jpg

Shell had managed through and administrative error on my account, to stop sending me the money off vouchers. 9 or 12 months later I ring them to ask what the crack is? "They will get sent out on your next statement." Bingo!

Put £20 in twice now at Esso and its remarkable cheap. £122.9 for their premium stuff.

Back