• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pick up my beaut on tuesday!

So i am new to this forum with only a few posts, but i wanted to share that after a while of looking for the right car at the right price, that tuesday cannot come sooner!!!

i wanted an 04 plate to 06 mainly due to the changes made i.e the looks!!

so i was chuffed to bits when i got a A/C model 05 plate with 35k for 7300! After looking around alot (and i mean alot!!!) i didnt think that was a bad price! HPI and finance clear!

Yeah, good price that.

Is it a premier edition? Not sure if they brought these in on 55 plates you see.

no its got the red and black type r seats not recaro! but its the A/C model! I wasn't sure about the standard civic seats in the back bt suppose there ok! would of prefered full leather! But didnt see many about, rang about one which was a 05 plate 49k but he wanted 9500 to 10k!!!

Congrats! :D
Very good price that was mate, was that private sale?

Oh and what colour?

btw, if you log onto honda.co.uk - register as an owner, put in your reg and VIN etc., you can check if its had all the recall work done....just in case.

Thanks! yeah ill do that! I got it private but the guy signed a purchase receipt which covers me against finance and damage etc but i did the hpi check as well even got the receipt from honda! Its satin silver i wanted either grey or silver, grey was always my fave but the more i spend time with the silver the more you appreciate how the red badges stand out!!!

I have caught the vtech bug and am loving it!

Hi mate, very good price that, in satin silver - the best colour imo, ac - which i wasnt fussed about when i bought mine, but wish i did have it now!!!!! low milage, youve had a winner. congrats on the purchase mate and enjoy!

ok so im really enjoying my car, but im worried about driving it hard i dont thrash cars all the time but i do like to occassionally i dont mean bouncing off the limiter i mean up to 7500. Can any damage be done or am i bein daft as this is what the car is all about! i had a 2.0 litre focus before and was worried about pushing that as its not a sports car (not st170) so im worrying about doing it to this! is it right the engine should make more of a high pitched whine lower down the rev's? It beefens up as such as the revs increase (which i love, sounds like a bike!!!) probably worrying myself over nothing. is there any noticeable signs of the engine suffering? as i understand if the oil level is ok they are near enough indestructable!!

One more thing i have read through the threads and i see alot of people use premium unleaded the guy i bought it off only used 95 and so have i (so far) apart from slightly increased mpg are there any other benefits of using premium? will it do it any harm using only 95?

please share your thoughts! thanks guys!

ok so im really enjoying my car, but im worried about driving it hard i dont thrash cars all the time but i do like to occassionally i dont mean bouncing off the limiter i mean up to 7500. Can any damage be done or am i bein daft as this is what the car is all about! i had a 2.0 litre focus before and was worried about pushing that as its not a sports car (not st170) so im worrying about doing it to this! is it right the engine should make more of a high pitched whine lower down the rev's? It beefens up as such as the revs increase (which i love, sounds like a bike!!!) probably worrying myself over nothing. is there any noticeable signs of the engine suffering? as i understand if the oil level is ok they are near enough indestructable!!

One more thing i have read through the threads and i see alot of people use premium unleaded the guy i bought it off only used 95 and so have i (so far) apart from slightly increased mpg are there any other benefits of using premium? will it do it any harm using only 95?

please share your thoughts! thanks guys!

Premium unleaded has additives which will clean the valves and other engine internals. It also has a higher RON rating so will give ever so slightly more punch. If and when possible use premium, but its not requirement and people often run their CTR's on 95RON with no problmes.

Taking your CTR all the way to the red line is fine, these engines lap it up. Keep your CTR at the correct oil level and it will run a long and happy life. Be careful about doing it from cold as any engine will need to get it oil up to temp beofre it gives full and correct protection and lubrication.

The limiter is there to stop any engine damage from over reving, so bascially the engine is designed to rev to the limiter, 8500RMP's. It makes peak power about 7800RPM's so start to change about there really to get the best from it.

I often bounce off the limiter, not on purpose, but just because I love the noise of the engine and get carried away. Every now and then wont do any harm at all.

The wine you talk of is just the induction of the engine sucking in air, its like a sort of electric noise, again its fine :lol: .

Nice one suits my mind is at ease! I think im going to put the tesco 99 (got a 5p off a litre voucher!) in when i fill up and put premium in once every 3 or 4 fills. I read that when using premium the vtec kick is felt more :D! oh and i read on a thread that the vtec kick is not fully felt unless the throttle is wide open (foot on carpet) compared to in the vtec but only partially open! if this is true i have obviously not felt the full vtec :twisted: and i thought it was ace anyway!

Yes to get the full effect go WOT (Wide Open Throttle, foot to the floor :lol:) .

In first it is noticable, but second and third is where you really feel the pull, and the addiction starts from there:lol:

congarts on ur new car nice price, vtec is addictive ive had mines for a bout a month now and loving it,

you got any pics ?

where you from btw

thanks zed yeah ill get some pics up when i get around to cleaning it again and have time! yeah loving the vtec!! Im from Hull

Back