• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Picking my new type R up next week, have a couple of questions...

put it this way, the 86 brand new is £27,000, for £3,000 more you can have a Type R with a turbo and 106 more horse power, it's a no brainer really, the type R is ahead of the 86 in every way

Sure is mate.

Having had Honda's for the last 13 years its easy to understanding how I now work for Honda. :)

Another question in regards to the oil pressure readings, I've never had a car with any kind of oil pressure monitor so what I'm wondering is how it works and what oil pressure reading I should be getting? I monitored it today in normal city driving/ motorway conditions and noticed it was generally higher than the middle mark on the gauge, is this normal?

ps. I have googled this and have a general understanding but I'm simply wondering what kind of pressure readings you guys have.

Normal idle around 80 degrees is 1.2 (can be 1.1 or 1.3+) pending on weather & driving, cold start up is 5.4/5.5.
I tend to pay more attention to those that way you know pressures are ok, then all I glance at is temps

After test driving one and pondering for a couple of days I decided to go ahead with the great finance deal I was offered through my local Honda dealer

[/QUOTE]

Just curious if you don't mind sharing, what do you consider to be a great finance deal?

I work for a car manufacturer in Birmingham and we're entitled to the Ford scheme as they were former owners. I understand that there's a discount with Ford.

The focus rs is roughly £3k deposit and about £350pcm. Honda advertise £7k deposit and £350pcm which I don't think is a deal at all. But just curious if the dealership tweak it when you're there to make it more attractive?

It all depends on the GFV, Ford are gambling the RS will be worth roughly £4k more at the end of the finance term (depends on APR used and starting price of both cars).

Upshot of that is, if you want to keep either car at the end of the finance period, you'll have a bigger balloon payment on the Ford, again dependant on APR and price of each.

Yeah I agree 100% the Ford will have a much better residual value purely due to it wearing the RS badge and for that reason only.

However I can't get away from Honda advertising that the Type R is affordable but they want a huge deposit and still high pcp payments at £300 for the non gt model. For this reason I'm a used car buyer and I'll be looking when they're around £15-£18k

Back