• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Picking up my Civic

Hey guys, i won a civic on ebay and i am due to pick it up soon, i just wanted to know if anyone knew what basic things to check? (i know nothing about cars other than to drive) i dont know about checking oil etc.

anyone know any guides? i types into google but it came up with things that were too advanced :(

Rust, servise history, steering rack and engine mounts as these seem to go on ctr's use your head if it's a dog it should stand out. Seeing as you know nothing I'd suggest taking a mate who does or booking an AA style check, cost about 100 quid they'll let you know what the score is. Good luck enjoy!!

Make sure you take it for a test drive and drive it fairly hard; you dont need to rag it but it will help you feel if the car is balanced, hear strange engine noise and any bumps and knocking sounds that may indicate potential issues.

There's another front mount under the airbox it connects to the gearbox on the right of the pic here:

Dsc01989-1.jpg

i didnt end up getting the civic, it had rust on it :(
I am on the look for a Type R, is there a sub section of the site where people are selling their cars?

If you spend a little time searching the forums, You'll probably find most of your questions have already been asked. It's good here.

Back