• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 (Pics Included) - Type-r Now in Championship White!

I popped into my local Honda dealer on Monday as unfortunately a cab driver decided to bump into my front offside wing. My type-r is coming up to 4-years old, so out of warranty, and with the bump i thought i'd have a look at the current model. Mainly for the warranty and peace of mind more than anything, then i discovered they do it now in CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE! I couldn't believe it, as I was majorily agreived when I made my initial purchase why they didn't do white, and gave up my my DC5 purchase due to the importing hassles and got a black EP3.

However I think I'll put a deposit on the new one tomorrow. I imagine this is old news now, but I was very surprised to see Honda u-turn on the white colour as I recall Honda UK were very adament about it not appearing in the UK!

Anyone got a CW version ? Good move or not car wise ? I'm not a fan of the new shape, but it does look a lot better in white imo.

Lewis

Last edited by a moderator:
Evostu has one on ctro, he will lick your b*lls if you get one.

For the money your better off getting an fd2

This was announced at Brands Hatch last year where it was shown to the members lucky to get passes there for the day.

I heard that that FD2's in CW were an extra £2000! :O Alot of lolly for some hard to keep clean paint.

From what I can tell a limited slip-differential, and some minor bells and whistles... but should help maintain resale value should i decide to upgrade again in a few years.

Went out in one the other day, i used to have a NHB Fn2 and i couldn't tell the difference to be honest when in the car. I thought it was a shame that they put new paint on it and a few other bits but left the interior the same as the OEM ones? They should have put red Recaros in and maybe some tints and wind deflectors to give it that JDM look imo. Still not worth the extra cash, just buy a 07 put private plates on and spray it if you really want a white one then go on holiday with the extra cash! Or like the others said if you have cash burning a whole in your pocket get a reall JDM. :cool:

As already said, if your thinking about getting one, I'd not bother and get the FD2.

I put down my deposit today, so hopefully a formality with expected pick up date of end of March.

Yes the Jap model is nicer I agree, but I'll settle for this one for now.

stuart-t has one, not sure if he is on here or not.

I've got one .I think you will enjoy your new car mate.
I had a EP3 with a JDM rear arb before.
The tweaks to the damper settings and the LSD do help to eliminate the understeer in the FN2 that spoiled the CTR in standard form.
Its does need to be driven hard to get the most out of the changes.

Stuart.

Im using one of these at the minute while I have some work done on mine. Very nice, but very dirty very quickly.

There's one in stock down at a Honda dealer in Port Solent, for anyone close enough that wants a look.

I still haven't seen one in the flesh, went down to Honda today but it was apparently shipped back to the compound due to too many cars at the site. Oh well, I pick her up on Monday.

As an aside, I've removed my head unit, and stuck in the for sale section if anyone is after one. It's a 9850ri with iPod cable and ep3 fascia (black).

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=58890

Back