• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Piper manifold and backpipe changing back pipe ??

Ive got a piper manifold and sports cat with a piper 6x4 oval backbox but I dont like the noise or volume that it produces I do alot of motorway miles and its starting to do my head in.

The car has a K100 and is mapped with this full system.

What Id like to know is can I change to backpipe section to something else and still get the power without such a roar and keep the power ???

Any suggestions ??

I'm sure some exhaust fabricator could make you a backbox with a huge tail silencer, also is your catback a twin silenced system or is it just a straight through centre section?

I think buying a silenced b-pipe may reduce noise by alot, possibly using the standard back box could help too.

Although if you are thinking of getting rid of the mani and sports cat I may be interested :lol:

I want to keep sports cat and manifold but lessen noise and keep power.

I thought of trying to fit standard box back on but unsure about loss of flow and if it will fit. Would need to cut it up and weld it.....I think ??

I want to keep sports cat and manifold but lessen noise and keep power.

I thought of trying to fit standard box back on but unsure about loss of flow and if it will fit. Would need to cut it up and weld it.....I think ??

Most performance gains are from the manifold and decat/cat. Changing the bpipe and backbox shouldn't cost you too much bhp IMO but will lessen the sound. You just need to find an exhaust noise you like.

If the piper is designed for UKDM cars then you shouldn't have an issue fitted the oem backbox

Just not so loud it's a really loud drone on long journeys lol

As I spend most of time on motorways quiet when cruising but want the howl when I hit the vtec ?
Any ideas ?

Any part of the standard UK EP3 exhaust system is restrictive.

1. Your center section (b-pipe) Does it have a silencer, if not get one fitted.
2. Is your back box really smal? If so sell it, and get another one. Out of all exhausts i tried on my DC5's Toda was the nicest for sound / and being quite when needed. Or even try a Mugen Twinloop but this is also restrictive.

Jay

Backbox is not that small and the b-pipe is a straight through ....I think ?

Power is good at the moment so don't want to lose it

There's a silenced back box available but mega dear so thought I'd try another back box as I'm not keen on looks of 6 x 4 oval anyway

Im getting a Piper Cat back system fitted at ABP Motorsport next month. The B pipe is silenced. They have assured me it will sound not much louder than normal below vtec, then fairly loud above, which is just what im after. What sort of gains (if any) should I be looking at?

Back