• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Piper manifold with OEM Cat back ...noise level ?

Hi all

Just want to know if anyone is running the above and how loud is it over stock ?

Also with a re map what was the result ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

Just want to know if anyone is running the above and how loud is it over stock ?

Also with a re map what was the result ?

Thanks

Hi,

i had a piper manifold, piper decat and k100 mapped at TDI north, I got 220hp out of this and when I had the map, I could feel a good difference in the power.

As as for the sound, it is ever so slightly deeper when at idle but not really noticeable. The sound does open up at around 4000rpm and sounds good.

however, when I had it mapped, Paul at tdi highly recommended the japspeed manifold for more power gain.

Hope this helps!

Yes agree with WiganSam. I'm running Piper mani, sports cat, Tegiwa carbon intake with ram air, balance shaft delete kit on my CTR fn2. With oem catback it is very slightly louder. At motorway speeds much of the same, no resonating nightmares.

Will let you know end of September. MOT due then. Spoke to a guy who has the same set up as me and his went through no problems but you never know. Lol

Just an update for the Mot question. With piper mani and Sports cat with Tegiwa cat back my Fn2 failed emissions test. However the car is yet to be mapped and is running rich. Found a friendly Mot tester though so all is good until my visit to TDI north in November.

I'm assuming the sports cat wasn't hot enough? You can get 200cell and 100cell cats too, so this may affect emissions too.

Hi, when I took it to a friendly MOT tester the Cat was warmed up properly. He said the emissions were nowhere near passing. Believe it was the co2 measurement. He agreed it was running very rich and a good map could possibly sort it out. I suppose every engine reacts different to modding but I'll leave it to Paul at TDI to sort.

Sorry, just noticed the part about it running rich and not being mapped. Then yeah, you'll more than likely fail it lol.

I've got a piper manifold and sports cat, not much difference in the sound for me... Sounds quite deep under lower revs. But it is not a big difference.

as for Mot mine passed fine... But when I had mine fitted.. They fitted a o2 sensor to manifold which tells the ecu that the emissions and flow are fine.

Back