• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pipercross induction kit

Hi, ive just bought myself an ep3 civic type r and was wondering if anybody could tell my if my pipercross induction kit off my clio 172 would bolt straight onto the civic? The pipe on the pipercross got an OD of 70mm?

It is very doubtfull it would work, and TBH, i wouldn't risk it as a new engine is a damn sight more costly than shelling out for a specific intake for your the EP3. If you want noise, go for the AEM V2, if it's performance but not cost, the AEM CAI is a winner, if you have cash to splurge then the Gruppe M is the king. You won't go wrong with any of these ones and you certainly won't end up damaging a very expensive part of your car ;)

Thanks for the replys. Dont really know much about these engine's and really dont wont to do any damage to it. Think ** bin the idea of fitting the pipercross then and go for the AEM V2. Thanks again.

The AEM CAI is cheaper than the V2 and gives better gains in performance, just saying ;)

Funky Power have them for £187

Hond R was £210

CPL Racing was £179

You might come across one on ebay or check the for sale threads on here or CTRO. If you do go for the CAI, ignore the Hydrolock Horror Stories. For this to happen you would need to be in about 2 foot of standing water and by that time it would be coming in your doors, so hydrolock would be the least of your worries. Myself and other members on here have run them in all sorts of sh!tty weather with no issues at all. Obviously don't go driving at huge puddles on purpose, but you wouldn't do that in your new car anyway would you?:lol:
They are a good bit of kit and can give you near enough the same gains as the beloved Gruppe M, the noise is quite metallic and barks when the Vtec kicks in, which then turns to a howl the more you rev. It is an addictive sound though and you want to Vtec it a little more every time:lol:

My car is bog standard at the moment so there aint much of a noise when the vtec kicks in. Watched a few video's on youtube and fair play they make hell of a noise with induction kits fitted? Is it much ov a job to fit the AEM CAI???

I've had mine on a few weeks. Quite easy to fit. But would of been easier with 2 people. One kneeling in the wheel arch and another looking down in the engine bay.

Back