• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Pipercross Panel Filter

Yes, I've one in mine.

Bum dyno says throttle response is improved. The noise is massively improved with you being to very clearly hear the turbo spooling and the recirc valve giving a satisfying "pssst" sound on releasing the throttle.

There are two clips on the airbox that you un-clip, one on the top and one on the side. Prise the two sides of the airbox open and pull out the old panel filter and slide the new on in. I also took the airbox funnel off to the dirty side of the airbox, two 12mm (IIRC) bolts to undo and it just pulls off the airbox. That way I could get my hand into the dirty side of the filter and be sure the filter was sat correctly before pushing the two sides of the box together and fastening the clips again.

5 minute job, even with taking the funnel off.

Many thanks mate. I'll get that done tonight. I assumed it was the two silver clips and a prise apart the air box but didn't want to force it.
Thanks again.

Very easy to fit. I loosend the clamb for the hose between the Airbox and the engine and popped that off. Then 2 clips for the airbox and you have plenty of space to pull the front half of the airbox out and switch the filter. 5 min job.

Massive difference in sound like Loxy said. You can clearly hear the turbo spooling and the BOV doing PSSHHT, like 10 times louder than stock!

Yeah agreed. Easy to fit and much improved sound and noticeable throttle responce improvement.Worth every penny that filter

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ah that's the only place I found them, just making sure I wasn't missing out. This isn't a case of it being the same size filter for a different model which costs less? Like when you could get EP3 parts cheaper than the FN2 when some bits were the same.

Loxy is it similar in respect to the FN2 replacement air filter element?
I have a HKS element in mine but when dirty, its a throw away job.

Had K&N in the CRZ, K&N in the mrs MINI and I had a BMC panel in the old Renaultsport.

Ah that's the only place I found them, just making sure I wasn't missing out. This isn't a case of it being the same size filter for a different model which costs less? Like when you could get EP3 parts cheaper than the FN2 when some bits were the same.

It's an FK2 specific part.

Loxy is it similar in respect to the FN2 replacement air filter element?
I have a HKS element in mine but when dirty, its a throw away job.

Had K&N in the CRZ, K&N in the mrs MINI and I had a BMC panel in the old Renaultsport.

I'll more than likely replace this with a K&N when they come out, rumoured to be at the end of the year, but it is doing the job now. BMC have just released one, but you only seem to be able to buy it on the continent so far which seems daft since most CTRs have been sold to the UK.

Yeah, it is just a separate the two sides of the airbox and slide the old filter out and then slide the new one in.

Cannot see on their website, guess I'll have to get from Demon. Not even got the car yet!
Haha yeah but does not hurt to plan ahead and get everything now

When I went 2 months ago they had loads in stock and fitted it for free. Ring them and ask. Unless it's too far away then demons is OK too

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Just been on BMCs website looks interesting

The panel / cylindrical air filter is commonly referred to as "replacement air filter". It is installed in the vehicle's original airbox to replace the OEM air filter. It is made of highly performing materials that allow an increased air flow combined with a more efficient filtration, guaranteeing containment of all impurities from as small as 7 microns (compared to OEM's 10 microns).

Think I would change the Pipercross one out for a BMC. Pipercross build quality really sucks bigtime.

I looked a week ago but couldn't find the BMC one for sale in the UK.

Back