• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pirelli's P1

Ok guys here's the thing. Just had Honda phone me and tell me my rear tyres are down to 2mm (they were on the front, switched them round). They are asking £111 + VAT each.

I don't want to get the same Potenza's and have decided to look for Pirelli P1.

Does any one know the prices of these and are these tyres any good? I mean i have heard things about them but not sure if there still the tyre to get or there are better ones on the Market now?

Advice?

The Spec2's aren;t that much, depending if you want 205 or 215, it varies from around £99 to £79 a corner.

cheers for that lads. I think that will have to be my next investment considering my front tyres are down to 2mm :shock: (they are on the back for the moment)

I'm also about to put something non-Bridgestone on; I thought that the Paradas were a bit crap in the wet? Consensus of opinion seemed to be that Toyo T1-R or P Zero Nero were the best all-round? No?

lightnin21 said:
cheers for that lads. I think that will have to be my next investment considering my front tyres are down to 2mm :shock: (they are on the back for the moment)

You should keep the tyre with the most tread on the rear mate? You don't want to be another rear end out do you?

I had a long chat with a very knowledgeable friend about this the other day and he argued that you want the most tread on the front of a FWD car

The main reasons being are that the front wheels have to steer and cope with putting the power down at the same time so that is where the most grip should be.

evilowl said:
I had a long chat with a very knowledgeable friend about this the other day and he argued that you want the most tread on the front of a FWD car

The main reasons being are that the front wheels have to steer and cope with putting the power down at the same time so that is where the most grip should be.

I would have thought it was more fundamental than that: If you're braking hard in wet weather, low tread on the front will increase your stopping distance. This should surely be everyone's first priority.

Robbo said:
evilowl said:

I would have thought it was more fundamental than that: If you're braking hard in wet weather, low tread on the front will increase your stopping distance. This should surely be everyone's first priority.

The general rule of thumb is that you put tyres with more tread on the rear as when you are cornering you will get understeer rather than snap oversteer - as understeer is generally easy for most drivers to cope with it is the safer option. If you are feeling brave or fancy yourself as a drifter put the new tyres on the front - its your call

garypaul said:
The general rule of thumb is that you put tyres with more tread on the rear as when you are cornering you will get understeer rather than snap oversteer - as understeer is generally easy for most drivers to cope with it is the safer option. If you are feeling brave or fancy yourself as a drifter put the new tyres on the front - its your call

I was thinking more from a safety point of view rather than a cornering speed one, but ok.

Robbo said:
garypaul said:

I was thinking more from a safety point of view rather than a cornering speed one, but ok.

That's the problem isn't it : -

Better braking - put tyres with more tread on the front
Safer handling - put tyres with more tread on the back

Which is safer, well it's all a bit subjective isn't it. Just buy 4 brand new tyres :lol:

Back