• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

please help....exhaust issues!

Hi guys im new to the forum and this is my first post!!!!

basically ive just brought an ep3 type r! :) but it has come with a terribly loud scorpion exhaust,which also is de-catted... i was just wondering is it possible to add the standard backbox to this system, and will it affect performance if i remove the current scorpion backbox?! also how muc will a decat improve perfomance with a standard backbox?? help much appreciated thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Yes you can add an OEM back box and it shouldn't affect the performance, has it got any other mods at all? The OEM is only restrictive after 240bhp iirc.

Your Decat is pretty useless without re-mapping the car with an aftermarket ECU upgrade. If you're not keen on the noise, I'd return the lot to standard.

@joe, it only has a k&n induction kit and the full exhaust system with the decat. So does that mean I'll be ok installing the standard backbox? Also will it be a straight swap of backboxes? Or do I have to change the full system?

And jermal I know that is true, but I've heard the de-cat will make it a little more raspy, and also better throttle response, don't know how true this is ***?

Back