• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Please Help My Car Is Leaking???

Help I've had my car for 3 weeks and when I brought it there was absolutely nothing ( that I knew of ) was wrong with it. But after it's 1st wash two problems have arose...

1) Tail lights and Dashboards lights have stopped working and keeps blowing fuses and changed bulbs and to no avail.

2) Just had a heavy down pour, stepped into my car and it's leaking from the middle interior lights and down the side of the roof.

Now I looked at the common faults and saw about the windscreen seals being crap, and was wondering whether this may the problem to the fuses blowing and the leaking which only seals to happens ( badly ) when I'm driving..

PLEASE HELP as i was so looking forward to getting my CTR and now the problems have started it's put a downer on the whole thing.

Cheers

I have booked my car in to local garage for tomorrow. Originally I only asked for the electrical problem to be sorted as I had no knowledge of the leak until tonight ( been away two weeks with work, fortunately this is the first bit of rain we've had for nearly two months.) Otherwise my car would have probably been full up by now lol . Is this common on CTR with dodgy seals to let water in, as I checked the threads with wind noise problems and none have complained about leaks.

Also how much will I be looking at to get the windscreen resealed and the electrical problem sorted out?

Cheers

Not sure on price, my windscreen was noisy when pulling off drive and also wind noise, had it replaced by insurance £70 due to a crack, had no problems since

Booked it into another garage now as my Dad reckons the garage I originally booked into was ****. I'm paying £60 for the electrical side to be sorted and at the moment not overly sure how much for the windscreen side, as the bloke at the garage highly doubts thats the windscreen seals will need replacing and reckons it's a problem with a heat duct...

in all seriousness you wouldn't chuck a brick at it because it would bounce off and damage paintwork. you want to get the sharp end of a screw driver and give it a little tap tap taparoo.

in all seriousness you wouldn't chuck a brick at it because it would bounce off and damage paintwork. you want to get the sharp end of a screw driver and give it a little tap tap taparoo.

chubs.jpg

:lol:

you could do a happy gilmore drive with a golf club into the screen? maximum smashing would occur.

Spend some time driving through south London. Shouldn't take too long until somebody starts shooting at you, job done.

Private Sell, The electronics have been sorted supposedly the bloke who last had it did some real dodgy wiring to fit his aftermarket stereo and when he took it out left the wire everywhere... Waiting on AutoGlass to give me a call about a water test as they don't reckon that the water would get though...

I've never heard of an EP3 with a leaking windscreen..... Where exactly is the water coming through?

Seems to come in just above the front interior light and either corner of the windscreen? The car itself is in good condition although I do hear alot of wind noise when hitting the 100 mark.

Back