• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

please help :(

Can anyone help my local garage have gutted my cat and fitted the o2 simulator I bought from cpl racing and the warning light has come on!
My garage have taken it to a local car electrical place to check its wired in properly and they Said its wired in correctly and reset it but the light remains on! The car is driving fine but does anyone know what could be causing the problem? :confused:

The o2 simulator is supposed to fool the ecu into thinking everything is fine! Which is the alternative to the k100 or kpro to sort! Also my car is now ticking over at around 1,800 to 2,000rpm

Because you need it mapped to make any use for, you'll get minimal power increase.

Would the high idle be because of no o2 feedback forcing the ecu to run in open loop mode? Is that how the ecu works?

ok that makes sense the problem i have is that now the warning light is on that the simulator should have sorted out and its ticking over at nearly 2,000rpm and not around 850rpm! looking to find out how to fix this issue dude :(

Maybe the O2 sim is kanckered?

Just fit the cat, sell the de-cat and save for K100 and a race header.

Phone CPL and ask them, if they've made the item?

Personally I would be buying oem cat, and writing off the costs / selling it on.

Yeah can you explain further milanoChris?
Also does anyone know why my car is now idling around the 2,000rpm with the warning light on? Only since the o2 simulator was fitted ? :(
The o2 simulator was brand new from cpl racing! Hes offering me a refund or that I can pop to the garage like the 300 mile round trip is crazy jus to see what's wrong takes the **** really cause I asked if he would be willing to speak to the car electrical place so he can advise them on how to sort it or not but I was told he wasn't interested in speaking to anyone not very happy as that's a poor after sales service :(

Last edited by a moderator:
... I asked if he would be willing to speak to the car electrical place so he can advise them on how to sort it or not but I was told he wasn't interested in speaking to anyone not very happy as that's a poor after sales service :(

Welcome to dealing with CPL Racing.

Back