• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Poly bushes here we come!

My Poly bushes + Engine mounts turned up today from Peter @ Performance Solutions (thanks again for A1 service) and now i just need to get myself booked in at TGM to have them fitted!

Going to be expensive trip there, new rear discs/pads and calipers plus all the poly bushes :roll:

Front control arm, rear trailing arm and lower and upper front shock bushes plus engine mounts 8)

13012006018.jpg

Nice 1 mate, any idea how much Tom is charging to do the bushes mate, need to get some myself at some point.

Chief said:
Nice 1 mate, any idea how much Tom is charging to do the bushes mate, need to get some myself at some point.

No idea at the moment buddy, will probably be a bit less on a CTR just due to the fact its newer and bushes should be easier to remove, but as mine are 8 yrs old (98 DC2) it might take a bit of work getting the original ones out.

I'll try and post a break down of prices ie how long it took for each area so it gives you an idea of what it will cost :D

Sara said:
When you going to Toms...Nick?? Might see you down there :wink:

It'll around the end of the month at some point, need to work out when i'm free and then give Mr Gannon a ring next week and get myself booked in :D

As soon as its all in i'll give you a shout Sara and see if you're around :wink:

hmmm Wish we could do a small before after comparison.....I think it will really freshen up the handling as the old ones must be a tad softer by now. I rekon it will be like a new car :)

G said:
hmmm Wish we could do a small before after comparison.....I think it will really freshen up the handling as the old ones must be a tad softer by now. I rekon it will be like a new car :)

I'll pop up next week mate and you can take it for a spin so you can see what it's like before and after buddy :D

After 90k miles the rear trailing arm bush is knackered, obvious cracks appearing so the new ones should make a massive difference.

The steering should be uber direct aswell after its been done :D

And Fire_2, the extra bumps will be more than worth the extra response and handling :wink:

Neily03 said:
Wasn't there a random pic of an enzo here earlier?? :wink:

Maybe :oops:

Might have linked the wrong picture for a wee moment :lol:

Stop being so damn quick on looking at new posts :oops:

extra response and handling like you need it with a DC2, :roll:

but yes deffo worth replacing

btw how much them poly bushes set ya back? i would like to try them, if i can put up with the extra bumps should be worth it 8)

i should also be down tgm next week, maybe see ya down there.

Fire_2 said:
extra response and handling like you need it with a DC2, :roll:

but yes deffo worth replacing

btw how much them poly bushes set ya back? i would like to try them, if i can put up with the extra bumps should be worth it 8)

i should also be down tgm next week, maybe see ya down there.

All that inc the engine mounts was £141.31 there are a few other bushes that can be done such as the front and rear anti roll bar bushes etc.. but they can be done at a later date if i feel they need doing.

The bushes are pretty knackered really, so will be interesting to see how much of a step up they'll be, esp as a rear strut brace is going on at the same time.

I won't be in next week, will probably be the week after at the earliest i think, alot depends on when Tom's free and how long he reckons it will take to do everything :D

Polybushes do let you feel everything in the road, but the positivity they give round corners is excellent.

Will be damn bumby in a CTR with em though....coor blimey :lol:

SpaceMonkey said:
Polybushes do let you feel everything in the road, but the positivity they give round corners is excellent.

Will be damn bumby in a CTR with em though....coor blimey :lol:

Be even worse in the DC2 :wink:

dotty said:
whats the damage for fitting Nick?

It's one of those jobs thats hard to price without getting into it. If the bolts come undone easily enough and everything goes smoothly it might not be too bad, if everything is a pig to do then the labour could be a bit scary :shock:

Back