• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Poly bushes here we come!

HASNIC said:
dotty said:
whats the damage for fitting Nick?

It's one of those jobs thats hard to price without getting into it. If the bolts come undone easily enough and everything goes smoothly it might not be too bad, if everything is a pig to do then the labour could be a bit scary :shock:

I hope it works out cheap! I think I will be using TGM to get my Teins fitted.

dotty said:
HASNIC said:
dotty said:

It's one of those jobs thats hard to price without getting into it. If the bolts come undone easily enough and everything goes smoothly it might not be too bad, if everything is a pig to do then the labour could be a bit scary :shock:

Long way to go from the North East!

Get yourself to Paul at TDi North, alot closer man!

Right, well i dropped the car off at Tom's on Tuesday and as of this afternoon they have got the front end done, the bushes and bolts were siezed beyond belief :shock:

Tom's had to burn out the bushes and cut through the casing to be able to replace the stock bushes but the upside is i now have adjstable rear camber and toe arms :D

Fingers crossed i'll be picking the car up on Saturday just hope Tom doesn't get too angry with my little teg :lol:

HASNIC said:
Right, well i dropped the car off at Tom's on Tuesday and as of this afternoon they have got the front end done, the bushes and bolts were siezed beyond belief :shock:

Tom's had to burn out the bushes and cut through the casing to be able to replace the stock bushes but the upside is i now have adjstable rear camber and toe arms :D

Fingers crossed i'll be picking the car up on Saturday just hope Tom doesn't get too angry with my little teg :lol:

:shock: Sounds like Tom's having fun, Nick... :lol: Looking forward to your review once the work has been completed.

Adjustable rear camber and toe arms? Bonus! :D

Yeah its a 1.5 day job thats turned into a 4.5-5 day job at the moment, Tom doesn't sound like he's been having fun but i can't credit him enough, he stayed late last night and he'll there again tonight working on it to make sure its finished for tomorrow 8)

HASNIC said:
dotty said:
HASNIC said:
dotty said:

I will book some leave and visit home. Its not to far from there. 8)

dotty said:
HASNIC said:
dotty said:
HASNIC said:
dotty said:

I will book some leave and visit home. Its not to far from there

. 8)

Ah good man, doing it that way makes sense :wink:

HASNIC said:
Yeah its a 1.5 day job thats turned into a 4.5-5 day job at the moment, Tom doesn't sound like he's been having fun but i can't credit him enough, he stayed late last night and he'll there again tonight working on it to make sure its finished for tomorrow 8)

Blimey - definitely a big thumbs-up to Tom. Credit where credit is due! :smt023

ahhh so u been takin up all of tom's time this week, i was gona get my car done but i gota wait till next sat now!

dotty said:

Dotty, I'm due to go to System-R to have these fitted along with some coilovers.

Paul qouted me the following:

To fit coilovers, £164.50
Fast road set-up, £117.50
ES mounts, £35.25
Fitting of ES mounts, £61.69

Hope that's of some help mate.

CTR said:
dotty said:

Dotty, I'm due to go to System-R to have these fitted along with some coilovers.

ES mounts, £35.25

You having the suspension bushes fitted aswell, just ask as you didn't list them!

My car isn't going to be a good example of cost as its taken 4 times longer than it normally should!

HASNIC said:
CTR said:
dotty said:

ES mounts, £35.25

You having the suspension bushes fitted aswell, just ask as you didn't list them!

My car isn't going to be a good example of cost as its taken 4 times longer than it normally should!

These are the suspension bushes mate. I sent him an email as king for fitting of coilovers, fast road setup and some ES suspension mounts inserts front and rear and that what he replied with. Why? Do the costs not add up to items? Do you think he's got it wrong perhaps?

CTR said:
HASNIC said:
CTR said:
dotty said:

ES mounts, £35.25

These are the suspension bushes mate. I sent him an email as king for fitting of coilovers, fast road setup and some ES suspension mounts inserts front and rear and that what he replied with. Why? Do the costs not add up to items? Do you think he's got it wrong perhaps?

Yeah as you asked for suspension mount inserts it looks as if you've been quoted the Engine mounts as they are the only insert bushes. The suspension bushes are full replacement bushes and cost a fair amount more than £35 for the lot and fitting will also bit a bit more as it will take a day or so to get them all done on a new'ish car so let Paul know that wires have been crossed!

HASNIC said:
CTR said:
HASNIC said:
CTR said:
dotty said:

ES mounts, £35.25

Yeah as you asked for suspension mount inserts it looks as if you've been quoted the Engine mounts as they are the only insert bushes. The suspension bushes are full replacement bushes and cost a fair amount more than £35 for the lot and fitting will also bit a bit more as it will take a day or so to get them all done on a new'ish car so let Paul know that wires have been crossed!

Thought the price was a little low TBH. I've just sent him an e-mail now asking him to confirm.

It looks like you are having Energy saving mounts fitted.

If you were getting suspension bushes u would have known about it because its a big job!

Well, picked the car up at 7:30pm tonight, massive thanks to Tom and co for pulling a few late ones this week inc tonight to get it sorted and ready.

I'll put a full review up in a couple of days when i've driven a bit more on it on local roads but initially the difference is phenomenal 8)

Sara said:
Glad you got it back ok :oops: .....What geo settings did you go for??

8)

-1.25 camber on the rear and around 0.5 toe out on the rear IIRC. I didn't get a print out as we'll need to redo all of them once the bushes have bedded in and i get the adjustable camber parts for the front as they were well out and with no adjustability for camber on the front so it needs to be sorted!

The toe setting have helped the turn in though, the rear helps tuck the front in but its been a bit to slippy to really try things out today :wink:

Back