• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Porsche Brakes

I've searched for this, so apologies if it is already on the site...

Can you, or has anyone ever fitted Porsche brakes (discs/pads/calipers) to an EP3??
Say 996/Boxster brakes that were fitted in the 17" cup rims??

Also, having a look at Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo brakes etc...why do they all choose to fit drilled discs and not grooved or drilled and grooved?

Thanks!

iirc correctly stoptechs use porsche fitment for there pads. would be easier just to use a kit designed to actually fit the car in the first place, and probably alot cheaper taking custom fabrication into consideration. don't think you'l need much more stopping power than a set of them tbh.

The stoptechs are modelled on the porsche brakes I think so maybe there is a chance they would go on......why not just get stoptechs instead. They fit behind the oem rim.

The stoptechs are modelled on the porsche brakes I think so maybe there is a chance they would go on......why not just get stoptechs instead. They fit behind the oem rim.

Cheers guys, good point well made!
Any ideas on why they use drilled?

Yes the Stoptechs do use a Porsche size/type pad and there are numerous different grades of pad you can get from road biased to full on race spec.:twisted:

By the way Im selling my EP3 Stoptech kit;)

I would imagine that with the Porsche wheels being rather dished to clear the caliper you would have problems.
You would also need to CAD design a bracket and get this made from billet for them to bolt to the exitsting upright.

Its a much cheaper way of getting higher performance brakes. Ive never been a fan of these aftermarket upgrades, and ive fitting and ran with several. There is no comparison to performance friction, alcon, ap, brembo calipers im afraid.

Grooved discs clean the pads however the pad life is dramatically reduced, they also create lots of noise under heavy braking.

Drilled discs are quiet, wont reduce pad life, but the holes can become clogged with pad material, if they are not properly cooled on track etc then they will will also crack.

They both offer better intitial bite.

Personally some grooved discs, decent fluid, full stainless lines, ferodo ds2500 pads and an uprated master cylinder would be the way to go before installing expensive calipers with the same lines, fluid and master cylinder.

Haha - yep, seen your stoptechs for sale...if I had 650!!

Would be a bit different, but it looks to be a bit too difficult/fiddly.

I am definitely going for the ds2500, but it's the choice of disc that is really getting me??
OEM? Stoptech discs? Heard bad things about tarox discs(?) Do Brembo have discs to go straight on??

Cheers guys!

I used the Tarox discs when my car was still only trackday/sprint car, I never had a problem with them .
I can recommend them but each to their own I spose;)

I used the Tarox discs when my car was still only trackday/sprint car, I never had a problem with them .
I can recommend them but each to their own I spose;)

Really? Which ones?
Also, you have PM re stoptechs!

Thanks

You have pm back:D

The Tarox ones were round, silver in colour and grooved...um... Tom from TGM(01252 811972) got them for me ages ok.

Haha - yep, seen your stoptechs for sale...if I had 650!!

Would be a bit different, but it looks to be a bit too difficult/fiddly.

I am definitely going for the ds2500, but it's the choice of disc that is really getting me??
OEM? Stoptech discs? Heard bad things about tarox discs(?) Do Brembo have discs to go straight on??

Cheers guys!

I would say that the Stoptech discs would be the best if they sell them as a rotor and bell assembly for the Type R?
Spoon also make discs but they are very pricey.

What is the car mainly used for? Do you want the brakes for performance or aesthetics?

I would say that the Stoptech discs would be the best if they sell them as a rotor and bell assembly for the Type R?
Spoon also make discs but they are very pricey.

What is the car mainly used for? Do you want the brakes for performance or aesthetics?

Yep, well unit 8 seem to sell stoptech Sportstop discs?
Want them for road and track use...time and money permitting I want to go to all the major circuits throughout Europe...
I've only had it 4 months so far though, so thinking of trying out a good discs and Ferrodos and if they fade really quickly, save up and go for the brake kits?

Yep, well unit 8 seem to sell stoptech Sportstop discs?
Want them for road and track use...time and money permitting I want to go to all the major circuits throughout Europe...
I've only had it 4 months so far though, so thinking of trying out a good discs and Ferrodos and if they fade really quickly, save up and go for the brake kits?

Yep, I would definately get the DSC2500, get some decent fluid in there, Some goodridge hoses, Tarox / StopTech discs, and that will be a good improvement over standard for track use and wont fade nicely if your coming round Blanchimont into the Bus Stop at Spa!!

TBH if you were thinking of fitting Porsche brakes then £650 for a set of Stoptechs shouldn't really worry you ;) as the costs of the discs, pads, lines, and custom fabrication of mounts would easily set you back over 2.5k!

TBH if you were thinking of fitting Porsche brakes then £650 for a set of Stoptechs shouldn't really worry you ;) as the costs of the discs, pads, lines, and custom fabrication of mounts would easily set you back over 2.5k!

True, true...the cost wouldn't be the issue - obviously I would have to save, but to be honest I think I could pick them up for a lot less!
Dad has a 997 Turbo with ceramics and it got me thinking...lol...

It's all the fabrication etc that has put me off!
Think I will go for the stop tech discs and ferrodo pads for the first stop then upgrade after I've done the rest of the FRSU and all struts/control arms!

Agreed though - 650 is nothing compared to the price of hooking the ctr up with Porsche stoppers!

Yeh I think the fabrication of all the custom bits you would need would be the major headache, but I'm sure there's a company out there that would be happy to take the job on :) but stoptechs as an initial stage would be the best bet..

Stoptechs or Endless brake kit is the way to go.

I used to get about 6-8 laps out of my standard calipers with Tarox G88 discs and Feroddo DC2500's and DS300's pads before they would overheat on track. Then I would come in and let them cool down for 30 mins then back out. A right pain the you know where!!

I've recently switched to Endless 6 pot brake kit and discs with Endless CCC compound ( type-r ) pads and done 40 mins in car without them fading once . ( also had a driver change in there as well and got someone else to pound them and they could not get them to fade either ).
The stopping power now is fantastic. Best money i've spend in a LONG while ( that and the LSD ).

I'm at Silverstone on 15h Oct, if you wanna get down there and bring a crash helmet i'll give ya a couple of PAX laps.

pics of brakes here : http://www.jasonevans.fotopic.net/c740646.html

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be worth a quick parts enquiry via the online breakers for the Porsche brakes......... or even Lambo ones lol.

Alernatively, just get the above or a nice set of Brembo's :)

It's definitely something I will consider in the future - but thinking of getting stoptech discs with ferrodo pads...

Thanks for your help/thoughts guys!

Back