• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Possible throttle pickup issue? Anyone had this?

Sorry guys just seeing this now.

To adjust the throttle cable you adjust it so there is no slack on the cable, when you first press the pedal this slack needs taken up before the armature moves to move the butterfly.

It is adjusted on the arm at the throttlebody, dont over do it though or you will open the butterfly, small incremental increases are key, starting the engine inbetween to check the idle is standard and steady :)

Anyone completely sorted this yet? Took mine out earlier hadn't used it for a day happens when it's cold once warm it's o.k. could it be the throttle position sensor failing or something, my throttle cable seems fine.

Mine's going into TGM next Saturday so I will speak to Tom about it then.

I have been concious of it this week and I have found that when I pull away in 1st and change into 2nd, as I come of the clutch and back onto the throttle, this is where the lag and following jolt/stutter happens. I then change into third and it does it again but its a lot less or noticable then when I change into 2nd. Changing up into 4th, 5th and 6th after is fine and smooth. Its just 2nd and 3rd where its noticeable.

It's the same with mine if I pick the revs up like above 2.5 k it's lovely and smooth it's just that lower rev range and 1st to 3rd gears. Odd. Let me know how it goes.

Just out of curiosity have you got a catback on your car?, thinking about it I've only started experiencing this since I've had my catback.

Just out of curiosity have you got a catback on your car?, thinking about it I've only started experiencing this since I've had my catback.

I've had two different catback setups and neither made any difference to the hesitation.
Noticed the problem has been slightly worse in this colder weather. Random question, have any of you guys had a noisy aux belt when cold? Mine slips on cold mornings..

I have original exhaust apart from an un-silenced Sportex mid pipe. I do wonder if this has been the cause as since fitting it, my EML came on about a week or so after and generally stays on 95% of the time. I have considered re-fitting the original mid pipe back on and will take it with me when I drop the car of at TGM next week in case Tom suggest having it put back on. The car does drive fine apart from the 1st to 3rd low rev range.

Hmmm that's interesting maybe it's something to do with that then I haven't had any issues with EML though, maybe it's an o2 sensor or something I may take it to a different garage tomorrow see what they say. And it's been getting worse since it's been getting colder. Between us all we are bound to cure the problem :lol:

Hopefully taking mine to the garage sometime this week so they can stick it on their diagnostics and have a look, the guy said it sounds to him like an upset lamda sensor, because it's only done it since I had my exhaust done, but he'll have to have a look on the diagnostics when it's cold and going through the warm up process so hopefully I'll shed some light on this later on in the week.

Yeh ive heard it could be that off a few other people as well. Looking forward to see what your mechanic says after its plugged in

Yeah if it is this hopefully it will be a free fix for me as I had my exhaust done by longlife, I made this complaint the day after I got it done and they said if it pursist's to take it back to them seems the car was fine before they put the exhaust on I think I'll be entitled to have them change it under warranty, well I'll try anyway :lol:

Just an update on this, took it to indigo gt today to get this checked out and put on a diagnostic, lads were great there, really helpful and have sourced the problem. Guys check your lambda sensors!
They put it on the scanner (rolling) and found the fault to do with the lambda sensor, mine is the one coming off the downpipe onto the cat or front of the cat if you know what I mean.

Right here goes the problem with mine is the botch job that Longlife done fitting my exhaust :mad: tamping! Seems they have cut off my heatshield and nicked the wires that go into the lambda sensor which is causing the problem, but there's more, inbetween the mid pipe and the cat there is a flange which bolts the two together. Now I thought you undo the nuts that hold them together (although these can seize and can be difficult to get off) take it off and then re bolt it together also using gun gum etc, but what they have decided to do is cut the original exhaust just before the flange and welded the new one in place.

The issue now is, like the guy said at indigo gt, in time the exhaust will probably blow at the flange meaning I'd have to take it back to longlife to sort out because if someone else try's sorting it my warranty with longlife will be void. And where is my heatsheild gone! I haven't rectified the problem yet as I now have to contact longlife to rectify these issues. So tomorrow looks like I'll be contacting them and letting them know that I am not a happy customer :evil:!!!

But these as far as I'm concerned are liable for this and should rectify free of charge. Well that's what I'm hoping. So hope this helps guys, sorry for ranting lol.

Hey Shoonk, thats really interesting. My problem only became noticeable when i had my unsilenced mid pipe fitted which was also the same sort of time as my EML came on. I really hope that I don't have a similar issue to you and my mid pipe has been badly fitted and bodged. I should find out on Saturday.

I hope not mate the guys quoted me near enough £200 for parts and labour for a new sensor and fitting, but as they said go back to the place that done it as they should be liable so I'm hoping to get it done for free or I'll be wanting my money back, I think at least they could cover the cost for fixing it, but I'll find out tomorrow when I rant and rave at them lol. Hope you get it fixed though.

I have this problem aswell
Only came after fitting my catback
I looked underneath and my from lambda wires dont look healthy
Few odd wire bits hanging out
I crunched the front having to park down a dip on the drive which i hate going down but someone parked in my space!!!!!!
This happened after fitting so i hope after i sort these wires
All will be ok
I will let you know

Phoned longlife I booked it in for monday morning to show them the problems hopefully will get it sorted next week.

Ah that's bad! I always heard good things about longlife looks like I'll be going to infinity to get my mid pipe done. Thanks for the update though mate it's what I thought was wrong.

Yeah I know, people have said good things about them, don't get me wrong the exhaust itself is good quality, looks and sounds how I wanted it but those issue's make me think otherwise. I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't experiencing problems with the car and when the guys at indigo gt pointed them out to me I was shocked to say the least, but at least everyone else can check their sensors and be a bit closer to solving the problem.

Back