• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Possible throttle pickup issue? Anyone had this?

I would advise people to buy the exhaust and fit it yourself
You only need basic spanners and rachets
Just make sure its high enough or jack it up

Yeah good advice I have done some in the past it's not hard as long as you can jack it up, a garage would be handy which I ain't got. The only reason I went to them was because I wanted a quiet exhaust and looking standard, I know piper do one but I've seen some fitted and they don't fit right imo, custom was the way to go for me and longlife got a good rep and are the closest custom exhaust manufacturer to me so that's why I opted for them but after all this I will be very choosy in the future.

Its minimal if a garage gets tools near my car as i do 90% of the things myself
But on the rare chance they do im always in there with the car watching or helping
I only use my trusted garages so they understand and dont mind

For welding i do all the prep and mark various different match lines so all they do is line up and weld
Then i fit it when i get back. But i have a mig now so i will do it if i need to

There should never be a problem with watching someone working on your car
Thats why they have mot viewing facilities
But being with the car is better seeing whats going on

It's hard to trust and find a good garage nowadays I've found a decent one with recommendation off here, the ones who did the diagnostic for me indigo gt, The other I use the owner knows my dad but if I had the tools, garage etc I would rather do things myself. You now it's right then. But weather is never good where I come from and don't fancy lying on a cold driveway etc and only have basic knowledge so I'm a bit stuck, my friends brother has an itr and does the work on his himself, I might start taking to him for basic stuff that way I can help him and build my knowledge up.

Thats how i started. I used to help and watch my brother
Then my dad bought a mg to restore and i started getting hands on and by the time i got my first car there wasnt anything i wouldnt do and i do a good job i think lol

We're the lambda sensors the ones before the cat or after? I'm going to change mine on the weekend

We're the lambda sensors the ones before the cat or after? I'm going to change mine on the weekend

As you know there is one sensor before the cat and one sensor after. The one that caused my problem was the sensor before the cat. If this doesn't work the throttle position sensor seems to cause the same sort of issue's, this sensor is positioned on the throttle body. There is a thread on here that have explained about the tps but I can't find it. Have a search, If I find it I'll post the link.

Well I was lucky because Longlife ended up refunding me for my part, but I went to my local car parts supplier as genuine Honda ones are ££££ my local car parts supplier got one as a direct fit for my car for under £80 can't remember the exact price off my head but it was just under £80 looked better than the one that came off too.
Some people pay for genuine Honda if Honda are fitting etc fair enough but to save some pennies I went down this route and no problems so far works how it should.

Looks right to me mate, I've dealt with that company before, if you are still in doubt give them a ring to make sure. I did when I ordered from them they were helpful.

Didn't work for us! So thats some more money wasted on this car...

Really getting frustrated with this car now. What else can i try?

I have done

Coil packs,
Injectors,
Throttle body,
Valve clearances,
Lambda sensor,
Stock air box with new filter,
Back box,
Earthing kit,
Fuel filter,
Fuel treatment,
95 ron
99 ron
Bled the cooling system,
New sparks,
Oil and filter,
Plugged in to diagnostic,

Still does it!

Just replied to the other thread now I've seen this do you mean sensors on tb? or the whole tb? and is the b pipe standard? Mine started doing this once I had a catback fitted. Did any readings/codes come up after the diagnostic?

Hi mate,

Yeah it has a b pipe and back box.

We had a whole throttle body which we tried and it made no difference.

There was no codes what's so ever, in fact we data logged a drive and nothing however if it definitely missed/splutter but nothing was picked up.

I would maybe take off the b pipe and put standard back on (if you still have it) and see if it's any better. Has it started happening since you changed the b pipe? A lot of us, including myself, have only experienced this problem since changing the exhaust primarily the b pipe (mine was a catback) so I would trace it back to the exhaust. Seems you have eliminated all the above I would now try this. Mine was the pre cat lambda sensor but this seems to happen when changing the exhaust.

Back