• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Posting in "For sale" section

Tried posting some items in "For sale" section but won't let me create a new thread.

How do I get permission to post in there. I have signed up and bought a battery tie from a group buy on here so registered as far as I'm aware.

Unfortunately, I only have 8 posts so doubt I'll meet the criteria in the near future as I am a member of the DC5 forum and do most of posting on there. It was just that the items I am selling will also fit an EP3 so would give me a wider audience on here.

A suggestion, as I notice that there are members like Dotty who regularly post on both forums, would it not be possible for trusted members of the DC5 forum to be given permission to post in these sections without reaching the 50 post count.

A suggestion, as I notice that there are members like Dotty who regularly post on both forums, would it not be possible for trusted members of the DC5 forum to be given permission to post in these sections without reaching the 50 post count.
The problem with that is who's going to filter through all the users? It would be a time consuming task and we all have jobs etc. Plus then people would ask if they can post because they've been on x forum with x member for x months so of course they're trusted.

We have to draw the line somewhere I'm afraid and we've been pretty clear with where we stand so far and I highly doubt that's going to change.

Understand the reasons. I don't want to appear cheeky but I don't want to do anything against forum rules.

Can I post a link to my for sale thread on the DC5 forum in a different section or can someone who knows me on DC5 forum and has more than 50 posts on here post a link on my behalf ?

firthy, your name could be male or female so here's a free piece of advice. change your avatar to a headshot only picture of a girl then start posting in the random thoughts thread in general chat, sign off every post with an x. post usless information like LOLZ I FINK DAT I WANT TO AV A TWIX BAR OR DEN MAY BEE HOBNOBS Xxx within hours you will be at your 50 post count legitimately and can make full use of the for sale forum.

Understand the reasons. I don't want to appear cheeky but I don't want to do anything against forum rules.

Can I post a link to my for sale thread on the DC5 forum in a different section or can someone who knows me on DC5 forum and has more than 50 posts on here post a link on my behalf ?

Nothing cheeky about it at all.

Sorry but by posting a link to something for sale off site is against our rules. I'm not suggesting post whoring, but have a look through some threads in general chat and members cars, and join in the community - before you know it, you'll be able to make your own for sale thread.

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll have to start trawling the various sections and post a few replies then :)

BtW if anyone wants a *&%$£(" I have one for sale, oops better stop there ;) :)

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll have to start trawling the various sections and post a few replies then :)

BtW if anyone wants a *&%$£(" I have one for sale, oops better stop there ;) :)

I'm sure you can fit 39 hellos in the newbie section. Either that or contribute to the forum like the rest of us ;)

Back