• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Potential Group buy - intakes

Hello all,

I am going to be buying an intake in the next few weeks - Either Eventuri or Mishi - possibly erring to the mishi. Given the cost of transport I wondered whether anyone would be interested in clubbing together for a group buy on either intake? If so I'll speak to a few people to see if it would be advantageous in cost

Cheers

good idea Str6....but I am going to be one of them annoying g1ts who sits on the fence and waits till others install them to see how it goes...

Loads of back lash on intakes at the moment over in the US, claiming they simply don't work after the Injen one was worse than stock. Bit unfair seeing as no one has fitted the mishi or Evi one yet...

Will be watching with interest...!

As above I'd be interested but would really like to get some feedback from a euro owner on one, as the yanks are going bananas at the moment after the vitviper dyno session, he's basically blasted them all which as above isn't fair as he's only tested 1, but I'd like to see the other 2 with some independent testing and feedback before pulling the trigger.

Yeah that's fair. I had seen the Vitviper posts. I'm not expecting any increase in performance - I just want the turbo spooling noise! Hence why I'm erring to mishi, unless eventuri can prove the gains

Yeah that's fair. I had seen the Vitviper posts. I'm not expecting any increase in performance - I just want the turbo spooling noise! Hence why I'm erring to mishi, unless eventuri can prove the gains

I thought I saw a post on facebook over the weekend showing a K&N filter listing for the FK8, it definitely wasn't the part number that I've seen before mentioned for the FK2, i'll have to try dig out the post but this may be an option if it's predominantly the sound your after. I had the K&N on my FK2 and was happy with the sound so it may be a happy (and cheap) option

I thought I saw a post on facebook over the weekend showing a K&N filter listing for the FK8, it definitely wasn't the part number that I've seen before mentioned for the FK2, i'll have to try dig out the post but this may be an option if it's predominantly the sound your after. I had the K&N on my FK2 and was happy with the sound so it may be a happy (and cheap) option

Hi thanks for that. Whilst I want the sound I don't want to lose performance - and the exposed filters I think will get heat soak (I know it's less of a problem on a turbo car) but still would prefer a closed solution that gives me the noise! Mishi seems to be perfect in this regard

The K&N is a panel drop in filter, its not exposed. The part number I see mentioned is 33-5070, it's a different number to the FK2 part number, who wants to be the Guinea pig :)

Going to leave intake for now, I'm more interested in putting some cooling into the engine bay, ideally a better flowing grill and decent intercooler.

I don't believe this!!! I returned the k&n last week as it was the fk2 one and they said 3 months before the FK8 is out....and now it's out!!!

I have the piper in at the mo and the sound is much better.....I am now tempted to get the k&n to see which is best...

Edit: it's not in stock yet on U.K. Website

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe this!!! I returned the k&n last week as it was the fk2 one and they said 3 months before the FK8 is out....and now it's out!!!
I have the piper in at the mo and the sound is much better.....I am now tempted to get the k&n to see which is best...
Edit: it's not in stock yet on U.K. Website

£62.39 inc VAT - link to be notified by K&N UK when stock arrives.https://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/...MIwoCB5rSR2QIVCrftCh0zSgDLEAYYASABEgIJCvD_BwE

or just $47 from the US (http://www.unitedspeedracing.com/index.php?id_product=154&controller=product). #RipOffBritain :smt021

fairy nuff, and K&N UK has free shipping on orders over £10, so you're probably right not it's not quite a rip off but does seems a shame to burn all those CO2 air miles in jet fuel to save a £5.

but then heck what am I talking about!?!?!, if I really cared about CO2 I wouldn't be owning an FK8 let alone looking at a performance air filter :lol:

They told me they expect stock in the next 8 weeks, one of the dealers might pick up on it and have a cheaper price than their website as I've found to be the case in the past, but still gotta wait till stock arrives. I had one in the FK2 and it was a happy medium as opposed to the price of an Eventuri so think i'd pick one up regardless before spending the big bucks on an intake

Back