• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Pothole horrors

Driving through North London last week and the roads are shockingly bad.

Dodged a slalom of 6 potholes and thought I was safe, took my eyes off the road for a second and looked back to see a big old crater in front of me.... BANG the car goes at 35 mph. Did the exact same thing 15 minutes or so later.
I've never been so angry, had my GF in the car at the time and I was taking it out on her, poor girl.

I am sure the tracking is out, I am hoping nothing else is damaged but I took the car to my trusty tyre place who have Hunter alignment (they did my old Focus loads of times) and they didn't have settings on their system for the new Type R...... :mad:
I called some other places and they weren't too sure either, bloody hell.

I called Honda who said you can book it in, for May the 17th because that's we earliest date we have - well what use is that? Almost a month worth of driving on dodgy tracking, no thanks and it was at an inconvenient time as well.

Anyone had similar, or can recommend me to put my mind at ease?

The low profiles on the OEM 20" wheels are certainly not forgiving. Its a constant battle on UK roads to avoid the wheel killers.

Hi all

Just had a bad day with the fk8 kerbed the 1 alloy slightly and it's annoying me

Any ideas if they can be refurbed and if so by who and estimated cost

Thank you

how bad, I nicked one by a stray kerb while on holibobs and i touched it up with a Halfords Black touch-up pen. They only had Satin Black (ideally wanted Gloss black) but it was such a small nick (less than 2cm on the outer edge) you won't spot the diff between satin and gloss black. Pen was £5.95 I recall.

Sorry let. Me add to. My last post the

I know there are many alloy wheel refurb companies but the reason I posted was because I read somewhere think on. This forum that there is a only a few companies in. The UK who can actually repair the fk8 and fk2 alloy properly

Think it was something to. Do with how they are made

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

It's. Not too big think a halfords touch up pen. Might do the trick for now

I'm sure there will be a few. More kerbimg issues in the future so best to wait until the alloys are really bad before going down that route

Thanks

I think as long as its not a really deep gouge most black pain will do and to prove it, I scratched my front drivers side wheel parallel parking the week I got the car, rather than look at it and cringe everytime I went to the car I used what I had to temp fix it.
Some fine grit emery to smooth it, a childs water colour type painting brush and some Leyland Trade gloss black exterior paint, you can't see it and It has stood up to four months of Jet washing.

I have on 2 occasions caused very minor damage to my front alloys. (A pot hole chip & a very minor pavement rub).
On both occasions, the red stripe on the alloy has been untouched, so just the very outside edge of the alloy.

I bought a small tin of Black gloss Hamerite paint from B&Q (about £7) & a cheap set of kids paint brushes from Asda (about £0.50 for a dozen).

Has worked a treat for both wheels.
The brush requires to be thrown away after use.

It is not visible, but if you examine very closely, the colour is perfect, just a very slight rough edge.

I'm more than happy with it.
Saved me buying 2 new wheels.

Back