• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Powder coating vs spraying

Wanna get my wheels done. Got a cosmic grey ep3. Love black or anthracite. Lots of people got it. What your thoughts on powder coating. Also colours on my colour car. Any thoughts would be great. Cannot make my mind up.

Hi, have always sprayed mine with rattle cans, normally 3 for a set of 4 wheels front and back then 2 cans of lacquer, I also have a cosmic and now have Blue wheels ......very wacky but easy to change when I get bored, cost about £40 to do all four wheels and a roll of duck tape to protect the tyres, I have it down to a full day for all four wheels and back on the car. Powder coating finish can be very hit and miss from what I've seen, best to go to someone who has been recommended or if you have seen their work before committing any money.

7497032b363d856ef2b8dc5cfba6e7be_zpsdc68e735.jpg

3fd898ceddfc60b5bacd5d730eab8d0b_zpsa8b3830d.jpg

Powder coating gives you a finish that is more durable and easier to clean for when the winter arrives. Also if you have any scrapes or knocks the power coat will repair as they will be stripped first

I've always been advised that powder coating is a far more durable finish!

Hi, have always sprayed mine with rattle cans, normally 3 for a set of 4 wheels front and back then 2 cans of lacquer, I also have a cosmic and now have Blue wheels ......very wacky but easy to change when I get bored, cost about £40 to do all four wheels and a roll of duck tape to protect the tyres, I have it down to a full day for all four wheels and back on the car. Powder coating finish can be very hit and miss from what I've seen, best to go to someone who has been recommended or if you have seen their work before committing any money.

7497032b363d856ef2b8dc5cfba6e7be_zpsdc68e735.jpg

3fd898ceddfc60b5bacd5d730eab8d0b_zpsa8b3830d.jpg
wheels look mint mate. Really even finish. Dunno if I would be anywhere near that good haha.

Cheers bud, it's a bit Marmite really but many people at JAE were lovin it, I'm sure others were just being polite by saying " it's not my cup of tea but it looks ok" lol.

i have a couple of friends that run powder coating company's and they are good at what they do www.wheelrepair.co.uk and www.wefixalloys.co.uk give them a ring if they are nr you as they have a lot of skill with powder coating.

regards
Baz

Don't forget powder coating can cause issues with integrity of the wheels due to the heating process, just a warning ;)

Back