• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

power steering

is it common for the steering wheel to feel stiff when then car is started, i,e it feels like the power steering isnt on untill i start moving:confused:

The power steering on the EP3 is electric not hydrolic like most other cars and can be slow to react to sudden steering inputs. :wink:

The power steering should be working as soon as the engine is runnig. After starting the engine it may take the generator a few seconds to build up the voltage. Maybe you should have the generator and its belt checked. Check the batterie also.

i thought it was meant to do that thought it was some sort of progressive steering so when u goin fast it gets harder to steer so u got more control if that makes sense?

let is know if it broke or owt might have to get mine looked at

so the answer is "yes"!

I found the same issue when i set off from my mates house (but it never occurred at mine)

That's because at my mates, I parked directly behind his on the road (so needed a sharp right) whereas at mine I have to drive off the drive, and by the time i have to turn, the power-steering is up to speed.

mine is heavy (and i mean heavy) when engine is idleing. is this normal. if not im gonna take it back to get it sorted under warrenty along with brakes, window and headlights. only had the car 5 days lol. but i have done 400 miles

Talking about power steering? Has anyone on here or does anyone know of any serious attempts to change the steering feel of the EP3 CTR?

Im talking major surgey. i.e. replacing the electric assistance for hydraulic...etc.

Ive been scouring the web and have seen occasions where people have converted none PAS to PAS (usually older Hondas).

The electric assistance on the FN2 CTR is alot more linear in its responses would a simple swap of the steering racks make any difference?

Its a shame the steering rack is hooked up to the struts rather than acting directly on the swivel hub. Im sure this exaggerates any play in the suspension.

Back