• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

PRC Inlet manifold

Danger200

Good morning people.

CPL racing list a PRC inlet manifold which seems to be a bit cheaper than the RBC. Is it an alternative to it (like the typhoon is to the AEM short ram) or completely different?
I done a search and couldn't seem to find anything and I didn't want to email CPL as they may give me a biased view on it.

Cheers

The PRC is a step-up from the UK spec inlet manifold, but won't give as much as say the RBC but doesn't require the slam panel to be modified and will go straight on, but will still need to be mapped to make the most of it.

Cheers for the response dude. Off the top of your head do you know of anyone on this forum who has had one fitted/experience with one?
I quite like the idea of not having to mod the slam panel too.

I know tp ran one before the RBC was the normal fitment, and it certainly made a difference, but I think he'd probably steer you towards the RBC these days but worth dropping him a PM i'd have thought :)

I had a PRC manifold fitted at CPL a couple of years back. My understanding was that the PRA (UK spec) inlet manifold bores are tapered down compared to the PRC, hence restricting the power. It's a good mod for an improved n/a setup. I had mine fitted at the same time as my Toda N2 cams, so couldn't tell you what gains alone were down to the PRC. Looks exactly the same as the original one, just nice and shiny as it's the JDM inlet manifold for the EP3

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh right nice one. I was just trying to decide in the long run when I do decide to get a remap would it be worth paying less for the PRC or forking out a bit more for the RBC, I'm not fussed about 2bhp so would rather save money :lol:

Back