• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

yep sometimes sounds a little boring from the inside but got a friend to drive it the other day and it sounded amazing from outside

You need to rip out your interior it won't sound boring then! :lol:

Car looks mint and love the TDs :cool:

Update

Went Brands Hatch on 14th December was a probably the worst trackday i will ever do. Cold and greasy almost all day and couldn't get any grip. Had to take totally different lines than in the dry previously and couldn't come on to power until i was past the corners pretty much due to the car breaking traction.

Nothing else to update except i got a TRS tow strap in black prior to trackday. Nothing exciting there but it doesn't come with any brackets which was kind of annoying

Also hoping to buy something in Tegiwa sales soon :smile:

Anyway got some pics here which i bought of msv at their extortionate prices

:Sure: Update 21/05/15
Last update was back end of last year but i have done a few little bits so here they are.

Changes have been quite slow since march due to me buying a motorcycle and that taking all modification money up but civic is getting the attention again now.

Also have a trackday booked up for Jun 15th at Bedford autodrome :smile:

- Interior footwell lights
- Pioneer AVH-X3600DAB head unit
- Oil temperature gauge
- Oil pressure gauge
- Annual serivce
- Tegiwa Oil filter sandwich plate

Bought the footwell light of TRO forum. They come in different colours like red or blue but asked for a normal filament colour so it would actually be useful :wink:

Finally a new head unit after 3 years of saying i would get one :lol: The new head unit really boosts the stock speakers. Had a small issue in finding a trim to go around the unit but all sorted now. Its a DAB unit with Bluetooth which is great for hands free calls.

Annual service came up changed the usual oil and filter using Fuchs and Genuine filter. Also ordered a K & N filter cleaning kit and gave the induction the once over.
Decided on fitting a Oil temperature and Pressure gauge to the car. I used a Tegiwa oil filter sandwich adapter plate which had 3 ports. So far i havent seen any leaks :smile:

Gauges weren't to hard to fit but a bit of a ball ache routing the wires through bulkhead. Car tends to read about 2.0 -2.5 Bar oil pressure on idle (warmed up) and 6 Bar when engine is accelerating.

JDM mats also back in car

Heres a pick of the bike for anyone interested. Probably could have turboed the civic by now with the money thats gone on this :roflmao: Its a SV650S

Last min prep before Bedford Monday

Flexi on dc manifold decided to fail on me just before trackday :roll:
To be fair however it has been on my car 2 years and it was used so unsure of how much use it has seen
Went to Alan at solid fabrications to put it in for me.

Really impressed with the work done, when removing the old one got a small surprise that you'll see in the image :lol:

:oops:

Had a quick check of pad life and im quite sure they wouldnt habe lasted a full day at bedford so gave rob a ring and ordered some PBS pads front and rear

i have only been bobbing around town on them so far but was shocked at how good they are even from cold it felt so much better than my old ds2500. Cant wait for using them around the track :twisted:

Update : Bedford Trackday

Went along to a trackday by javelin at Bedfords gt circuit was a well run event and a lovely track. The weather was brilliant and managed to do a whole 195 miles on track (50 laps or so) :LOL:
Arrived early to swap my wheels over and at sound testing blew a quiet 96.5 db on the static test ;)

Had a great time car performed exceptionally and really cannot see and improvement to be made in the way she handled. There were no faults at all with car and packed up at the end of the day in one piece. Tyres were again amazing cant recommend the A048 enough for circuit use, also smashed through almost 2 tanks of petrol which was not great for the wallet :oops:

I have however started to wonder what it would be like with more engine power :twisted:

Heres some pics i got from the photographers and some i took

PBS pads were great all day after all the punishment and have no brake deposits on disc or excessive brake dust but im slightly annoyed at the wear rate having barely anything left on pads now, there cant be more than 500 mi on them.

Didn't really notice as I didn't drive it hare as soon as it started leaking....I think it might have only collapsed when removing aswell

A few clips put together of the exhaust set up
did some mixed driving to help anyone thinking of similar setup

[video=youtube;830xig05830]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=830xig05830[/video]

Awesome build thread! Looks like you're enjoying the track days too!

yeah its definitely best way to enjoy the car and the modifications, can be costly though :(

exhaust will be for sale soon guys......pm if interested

yeah its definitely best way to enjoy the car and the modifications, can be costly though :(

exhaust will be for sale soon guys......pm if interested
Tell me about it, I've only done two track days this year! Gearbox is by far my favourite mod so far!

How come your selling?

Tell me about it, I've only done two track days this year! Gearbox is by far my favourite mod so far!

How come your selling?

well as i wrote earlier after Bedford the car handled amazing. The only thing that holds it back slightly is the lack of power on the straight. So im thinking of upping the power and getting a bigger exhaust and maybe boost.....time will tell ;)

well as i wrote earlier after Bedford the car handled amazing. The only thing that holds it back slightly is the lack of power on the straight. So im thinking of upping the power and getting a bigger exhaust and maybe boost.....time will tell ;)
Fair play chap! TDi North offer custom 3" exhausts and say they'll cater for track friendly needs, not sure if TDi South are any relation other than the similar name?

Fair play chap! TDi North offer custom 3" exhausts and say they'll cater for track friendly needs, not sure if TDi South are any relation other than the similar name?

no they dont have any relation anymore and im most likely going to be going with a solid fabrications 3" especially as theres lifetime warranty on welds and quite local to me :)

Premier cosmic EP3, Solid fab 3" exhaust Titanium tip

Update:

So i have decided it was time for a change from my Tegiwa Catback. Been on my car for 2 years and done me well, It was slightly power robbing having pipes that are a little on the small side (2.38") but did its job of getting me through a few trackdays and sounding lovely at the same time.

Decided on a Solid fabrication 3" custom catback 8)

I went to see Alan a few days ago after seeing there offer on Facebook and talked to him about how i wanted it. I had mine made just a little bit different to the usual and picked it up a few days later. Picked it up today and fitted it at home.

First start of it left me a little shocked as it didn't sound at all louder than my tegiwa catback. It does get a little louder on the move but i love it sound perfect without being asbo loud.

Also pulls so much harder in every gear since changing to this 3" system. Genuinely astonished that it made such a big difference to the engine power, the car must have been really restricted before.

Solid Fabrications 3" Custom catback, Titanium burnt tip

Will get some more videos and day pics of exhaust tip soon ;)

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=swvE7ZX-3hE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Mot

Engine bay clean

After a spirited drive last weekend :lol:

Dang I do still really like these ep3's especially in cosmic! The exhaust is a work of art really nice mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome mate! Are you going to get it mapped again to see what extra power can be had from it?

Back