• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Problem with Rage Alloys

Hi guys

I have just noticed that on a couple of my rages for my FN2 the laquer has started to bubble on the inside of a few of the spokes. I have only had the car a few weeks and apart from that happening its been perfect. The wheels havent been kerbed or refurbished before.

Has anyone else with these wheels had the same issue? and are they covered under warrenty?

If they are I will be getting onto it ASAP.....who would you suggest contacting the Dealer where I purchased it or Honda UK??

Thanks for any help

Is it best to contact the dealer or the main honda HQ?? Havent had to deal with anything like this before so I havent got a clue. lol

Is it best to contact the dealer or the main honda HQ?? Havent had to deal with anything like this before so I havent got a clue. lol

Go to your dealer, if they aren't playing ball then straight to HUK who will then sort it via your dealer.

I had the same issue, but solved it by painting them white.

009.jpg

:cool:

Ok I will try and take a trip over there today and see them.

By the way Stella I dont know if you remember me but I was at the rolling road day in essex you went on with torque-steer. I had the black astra convertible, it was the day when you lent James with the EP3 your front wheels so that he could get it onto the rollers. I was the guy nosing around your car and you opened it up and let me have a look at the inside. :)

A little update for you all, I been on the phone and e-mail to the garage and they are fine about the claim, the woman said she'd get it started for me today so I should be hearing back from them in a couple of days regarding whats happening.

Some examples of how bad the flaking was tho.....

P1040382.jpg

P1040385.jpg

P1040386.jpg

P1040387.jpg

P1040388.jpg

P1040406.jpg

P1040410.jpg

P1040411.jpg

P1040412.jpg

These wheels are not stamped as Enkei anywhere at all?

The original EP3 wheels were terrible. The replacements are starting to look a bit scruffy too. I guess Japanese wheels do not like a road salt diet.

These wheels are not stamped as Enkei anywhere at all?

The original EP3 wheels were terrible. The replacements are starting to look a bit scruffy too. I guess Japanese wheels do not like a road salt diet.
Another Honda wheel supplier is Hayes Lemmerz, I'm sure they supply the rage alloys for the FN2. These are made in Europe and they are usually very good quality.

Well another quick update for you all....Honda have accepted the claim and they are being replaced with brand new ones and centre caps next weekend. Also its going in for a handbrake recall at the sametime.

Think its time to get a few coats of jetseal on them while there all shiny and fresh to try and help protect them abit. :)

Now whats the odds that they will let me keep the peeling ones to sell on. :p HAHA.

Back