• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Project dashboard finally complete =D>

Started it in February last year and now its finished :D

dash_001.jpg

dash_002.jpg

dash_003.jpg

dash_004.jpg

I still have a little plastic surround which I need to put over the BlackJax light (just above the gear stick) but other than thats it done. I'm really pleased with the results and it finishes off the interior nicely :D

For those who arnt aware, the Pioneer 6500DVD hu sits about an inch out of the dash when you fit it 'normally' and with the fascia it wasn't perfect! I glued the sagging part of the fascia to a steel bar (to remove the sag), blended the fascia into the console and resprayed it.

Please let me know what you think :D

- Kevin.

Very nice, what did you use to blend the fasia? Never know what to use :oops:

Dynax said:
Very nice, what did you use to blend the fascia? Never know what to use :oops:

Isopon Bumper Filler.

Its like normal filler only it allows a little flex which means it wont crack when you re assemble the bloody thing :D

- Kevin.

About time Kev :lol:

Looks spot on now though mate & the time & effort have defo paid off imo mate :wink: :D

Very different & very cool 8)

moNoKnoT said:
Dynax said:
Very nice, what did you use to blend the fascia? Never know what to use :oops:

Isopon Bumper Filler.

Its like normal filler only it allows a little flex which means it wont crack when you re assemble the bloody thing :D

- Kevin.

Is that stuff expensive? :lol:

very nice, good job fella good blending work and the silver looks a good match to, what did you use as i'm about to tackle a similar job myself :?:

Great work, and now this is my opinion - but I think it need some form of a border round the stereo - perhaps a black one or something :?

Thanks for the comments guys :D

It took some time to get the damm thing right but I'm pleased I never trashed the project and purchased a replacement dash.

- Kevin.

Kev, looks awesam fella well impressed. Would love to do something like that with mine. Maybe one day :lol:

Back