• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Prospec Rattle please help!!!

I've recently fitted my Buddyclub prospec and have noticed an annoying rattle when I'm driving :confused:

I've not altered the suspension and still using the OEM manifold, though have fitted a JDM rear anti-roll bar. Its seems that the rattle is coming from where the bend in the back box pipe, touches the floor of the car.

Should I be needing any aftermarket exhaust hangers and also is it normal for the prospec tip to be near on touching the bumper, as I don't want it burning a hole!

Chris

Powerflex exhaust hangers could be used to drop the backbox down a little if the tip is a bit close to the rear skirt. Halfords at Wyvern sell some.

My DC Sports knocks ever so slightly against the JDM-ARB when I'm hanging on the left-hand roundabout turns. I cable-tied some heatproof sponge to the ARB to cushion the two areas from each other. :D

Powerflex exhaust hangers could be used to drop the backbox down a little if the tip is a bit close to the rear skirt. Halfords at Wyvern sell some.

My DC Sports knocks ever so slightly against the JDM-ARB when I'm hanging on the left-hand roundabout turns. I cable-tied some heatproof sponge to the ARB to cushion the two areas from each other. :D

Alright fella, hows things? Not seen you or your car for some time, still got it!? :lol: Sounds like i'm going to have to do some DIY then, say would you happen to know the part number for the Powerflex hangers at all and have you used them with your DC Sports cat back??

Chris

hey Chris. Yep, long time indeed - I'm still in the area - I moved out and now wash my CTR every day on my own drive. :lol:

I didn't use the Powerflex mounts on the DC Sports - I retained the original mounts. I heard that using harder mounts may cause trouble as the exhaust would not be given much flex and this would cause troubles at the manifold end. Not sure - hearsay - but I'm happy as it is.

I do not have the mounts to hand as they are at my Parents place. I'll pick them up either tomorrow or Sunday. I think they were a generic fit and not Honda specific. They are round in shape with a hole at either end - model EXH005 I think... I'll get back in touch when I get them and I'll see if they are any different to the OEM fitments..

hey Chris. Yep, long time indeed - I'm still in the area - I moved out and now wash my CTR every day on my own drive. :lol:

I didn't use the Powerflex mounts on the DC Sports - I retained the original mounts. I heard that using harder mounts may cause trouble as the exhaust would not be given much flex and this would cause troubles at the manifold end. Not sure - hearsay - but I'm happy as it is.

I do not have the mounts to hand as they are at my Parents place. I'll pick them up either tomorrow or Sunday. I think they were a generic fit and not Honda specific. They are round in shape with a hole at either end - model EXH005 I think... I'll get back in touch when I get them and I'll see if they are any different to the OEM fitments..

Cheers fella, you still got the DC Sports on then or? I think i'm in need of a new mid exhaust hanger too!

Back