• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 puddle of water in spare tyre well.

i was looking around the integra that im planing on buying yest and when looked in the spare tyre well there was a puddle of water about an inch deep !! the car hasnt been on the road for at least 6months so its only happened since its been sitting there. has anybody heard of this before ? is it a common problem ? would there be a lot of work involved to fix it ? its a 1998 dc2 jdm type r.

thanks.
manson.

fairly common. Its either a rear light seal, boot seal or loose bung. If the car has been sitting its probably not the last one. So check the rear lights closely, in fact, as its your neightbour, ask him to pop the lights out and check them.

rear lights. . . i think you are right because it had the dc5 rear lights fitted in japan, an if not fitted right or sealed right then would obviously leak. he said hes going to have a look at it today while im at work.

Thanks ;)

rear lights. . . i think you are right because it had the dc5 rear lights fitted in japan, an if not fitted right or sealed right then would obviously leak. he said hes going to have a look at it today while im at work.

Thanks ;)

So the DC2 your looking at buying doesn't look like this (standard)

JDM_DC2_Rear_Fogiiii.jpg

instead it has these lights fitted?
2928426_3_full.jpg

I've never seen or heard of that before?? be very careful if the panels have been trimmed to make the lights fit. The seals will definitely need careful inspection and also check for corrosion proofing around any panel modifications.

Possibly unrelated, but still exercise caution...my 03 Sport's wheel well used to fill with water, it had been rear-ended before I bought it.

So the DC2 your looking at buying doesn't look like this (standard)

JDM_DC2_Rear_Fogiiii.jpg

instead it has these lights fitted?
2928426_3_full.jpg

I've never seen or heard of that before?? be very careful if the panels have been trimmed to make the lights fit. The seals will definitely need careful inspection and also check for corrosion proofing around any panel modifications.

yes it definatly has the dc5 rear lights.

here s a picture of it.
everyone may not like it, but i do.
well, except for the 'carbon'' bootlid, that would be coming straight off.
P270309_1753.jpg

Check the seals as others have said. I would be worried that the propbem is that the lights just dont fit right and theres a gap somewhere

thanks for the picture. It looks like a bit of major surgery to me. You need to get this car inspected before you buy.
So far, we know its got;
DC5 lights cut into it
No lock barrel on the boot to open it with, must be internal release only?
After market wing mirrors
Aftermarket body kit with single piece rear
Lowered suspension (coilovers/springs not known)
carbon boot lid that has been re profiled to fit DC5 lights. So you won't be able to straight swap the boot lid, you'll need to get whatever you change the carbon item for, to be profiled to fit the lights as well. I'd suggest that a carbon item has been used as it would be very difficult and expensive to trim and finish a press steel item.
You can't just swap out the lights either as the bodyside panel has been reprofiled also.

If it was my money I'd go look for a standard or conventionally modified DC2. With a boot leak this one looks like it take a lot of TLC and by your own admission, you know practically nothing about the car. Sorry to be all doom and gloom but thats my advice.

If it was my money I'd go look for a standard or conventionally modified DC2. With a boot leak this one looks like it take a lot of TLC and by your own admission, you know practically nothing about the car. Sorry to be all doom and gloom but thats my advice.
^ That's sound advice fella, I'd take it. ;)

loldog-funny-do-not-want-underwear.jpg

I would look for a standard one bodywork wise anyway. If you like the DC5 rear end, then why not buy a DC5? The front end isn't bad either.

My boot is still leaking. :(

Mate, that is really shocking.

There must be a 100's of tidy DC2's for sale and you looked at that one!:rolleyes:

Back