• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

Some of the comments in this thread are pure gold comedy hahaha.

From people complaining about performance brakes on a performance car, to people seeking legal advice over BS, and now apparently you can't touch your bonnet with your hands :lol:

I'm not even going to respond to those but it's a hilarious read for anyone with even a little bit of mechanical experience.

You should all go buy Corsas

and now apparently you can't touch your bonnet with your hands
Oh you can, but with modern cars the risk of damaging the metal with an over firm push is definitely real.
Bonnets are designed to be dropped into place.
You apparently have mechanical experience , so you should know this. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

From people complaining about performance brakes on a performance car, to people seeking legal advice over BS, and now apparently you can't touch your bonnet with your hands :lol:

I'm not even going to respond to those but it's a hilarious read for anyone with even a little bit of mechanical experience.

Said the prat with a old car:asw:

Oh you can, but with modern cars the risk of damaging the metal with an over firm push is definitely real.
Bonnets are designed to be dropped into place.
You apparently have mechanical experience , so you should know this. :)

Oh I agree but you are making them out to be a lot more fragile than they are mate. I had a lightweight aluminium bonnet on my M3 and letting it down gently and pushing on the hinge area slightly worked just as fine as dropping it from the recommended height. Just some food for thought.

Said the prat with a old car:asw:

Naww did I touch a nerve?

1. Having a new car doesn't mean you are entitled to anything more than the next guy or that you have more knowledge.
2. I didn't insult anybody in my comment above, yet you proceed to call me a prat.

But whatever makes you sleep better at night, maybe copper grease might :lol:

That was the nicest thing i could think of. If i wanted to spend my weekend under a car fixing issues i would buy something old like you did
. Performance brakes dont have to squeak as Honda say they do. Plenty of high performance cars that dont make a noise

This will cause a stir! :lol:

I think there's lots of truth in what you say and I bet from the outside in this thread looks frankly ridiculous. From my perspective, my mindset has changed buying a £34K car. Things I'd just deal with in my EP3 or FN2 (see my wheel alignment and wheel nut gripes) I now think, "screw it, I'm hugely in debt with this car and I want it perfect" which I dare say is the way most on here think.

I'm saying nothing about brakes, tyre wear or touching the bonnet though ;)

That was the nicest thing i could think of. If i wanted to spend my weekend under a car fixing issues i would buy something old like you did
. Performance brakes dont have to squeak as Honda say they do. Plenty of high performance cars that dont make a noise

If that is the nicest thing you can think of, then you are exactly the issue with the car community these days. But anyway, let's not get into that.

As for buying old cars, that's fine mate. I accept that, and that is what I wanted. I've had my fair share of newer cars but I enjoy a project and prefer older cars. Also taking a depreciation hit by buying a brand new car is not something I'd ever do, no matter how well off financially I am. Even a year old is better idea tbh. Ironically my EP3 has less QC issues than an FK8 but it does have a lot less equipment so it's understandable.

I know performance brakes can be quiet, but the brembo kit on the new CTR is not the same as you would get on a Nissan 370Z or a Focus RS (at least to my knowledge). Changing discs and pads would be my go to option to remedy that, otherwise just return the car and get something nicer that better suits your needs?

I think there's lots of truth in what you say and I bet from the outside in this thread looks frankly ridiculous. From my perspective, my mindset has changed buying a £34K car. Things I'd just deal with in my EP3 or FN2 (see my wheel alignment and wheel nut gripes) I now think, "screw it, I'm hugely in debt with this car and I want it perfect" which I dare say is the way most on here think.

I'm saying nothing about brakes, tyre wear or touching the bonnet though ;)

Oh I bet it will, but that's fine. The corsa comment at the bottom was sarcasm and I hope nobody takes it too seriously to start a flame war :lol:

And yeah for £34k I would expect more too, mainly refinement and QC but at the same time what Type R has been refined? None. In fact they've gotten more and more refined over the years, which isn't what they were initially about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I agree but you are making them out to be a lot more fragile than they are mate.
I understand what you are saying, and most people probably wouldn't cause any problems pushing a bonnet shut, but there are some ham fisted types that would, so this is most likely the reason why dropping is recommended.
Things need to be made idiot proof these days. :lol:

I think there's lots of truth in what you say and I bet from the outside in this thread looks frankly ridiculous.

I think we hit the low point when we spent 4 pages talking about how many times we click our key fobs or the button on the handle...:D

I understand what you are saying, and most people probably wouldn't cause any problems pushing a bonnet shut, but there are some ham fisted types that would, so this is most likely the reason why dropping is recommended.
Things need to be made idiot proof these days. :lol:

You only have to wash the roof to see how thin these cars are, bonnet and roof buckle so easily

Back