• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

I love the new retracting parcel shelf design. I'm forever having to take my parcel shelf out and store it elsewhere when I put a bike in the boot. Bloody genius imo.

This - when you are loading the boot particularly if dropping the seats it is so much easier and quicker without having to remove a parcel shelf and store it somewhere. I think it is a really good design solution.

The only in car nav I've used that's anywhere near as good as Google/Apple maps on my phone was my F10 5 series with RTTI. Even then, Google maps was far better at finding routes on back roads around traffic.

am I being dumb or is there no rear 3-point or lap belt for the central rear passenger?

what would the BiB say if pulled? not fitted so no legal requirement to wear one in the back? even if it's a youngster?

the yanks have cup holders in the middle - bit disappointed not to get them actually..... probably cos they always have a super size macdonalds drink with them

Last edited by a moderator:
a couple of times now I've heard the steering (or suspension) go "donk" on full left lock as I turn out of my drive. and then similary when reversing back in on opposite right hand lock it seems to go "boing" like a spring sounding noise. having just washed the car I had chance to check there was no loose trim under the front arches but all good.

maybe it's just the active suspension doing its thing (my drive has a slight incline) but wondered if anyone else hears a "donk" and "boing" on full lock sometimes?

a couple of times now I've heard the steering (or suspension) go "donk" on full left lock as I turn out of my drive. and then similary when reversing back in on opposite right hand lock it seems to go "boing" like a spring sounding noise. having just washed the car I had chance to check there was no loose trim under the front arches but all good.

maybe it's just the active suspension doing its thing (my drive has a slight incline) but wondered if anyone else hears a "donk" and "boing" on full lock sometimes?

Yes I noticed something similar on ours yesterday. Clunk on right lock going down hill out of drive and clunk on left lock going up hill onto drive. I thought it might be the diff.

You lot make me laugh, ‘buying into’ - this isn’t a compromised track only weapon, it’s a car for daily use with more toys than Hamleys. The brake squeal people are ‘whinging’ about is excessive not just a bit and for them it’s ruining the experience, the promise of a ‘car you will want to keep on driving’ not quite delivering.
To be as quick as it is on track. It is basically a track orientated for the road. They’ve just shoved a bunch of electrical goodies in there to keep up with their competitors.
On the other hand. Brakes on GTI clubsport’s don’t make a noise. But it’s a VW so expect better refinement.

To be as quick as it is on track. It is basically a track orientated for the road. They’ve just shoved a bunch of electrical goodies in there to keep up with their competitors.
On the other hand. Brakes on GTI clubsport’s don’t make a noise. But it’s a VW so expect better refinement.

That's not how it's marketed. The FK2 was, certainly; but the FK8 was billed as a more refined car, built on the new 'normal' civic platform.

My brake squeal is really started to embarrass me. I work in a security controlled site so every morning I pull up at the security gate and wince as my brakes shriek and squeal in the guard's ear. Every morning. I find myself trying to make excuses for it.

It's not on.

I've recorded some squeal but I need a couple better recordings and then I'm going back to honda about it.

That's not how it's marketed. The FK2 was, certainly; but the FK8 was billed as a more refined car, built on the new 'normal' civic platform.

My brake squeal is really started to embarrass me. I work in a security controlled site so every morning I pull up at the security gate and wince as my brakes shriek and squeal in the guard's ear. Every morning. I find myself trying to make excuses for it.

It's not on.

I've recorded some squeal but I need a couple better recordings and then I'm going back to honda about it.

Well Honda have shot themselves in the foot really. Seems like there’s confusion at the dealerships with some admitting there’s an issue and others saying it’s normal.
Honda U.K. need to come out with a definitive answer and/or a fix for the issue.
If Honda say it’s normal and you’re still not happy then your only option will be to try an alternative disc and pad compound or back the car and buy something more refined.

This is how I see it as being marketed and according to Honda's website...

3c4405f4654084ccb40c7621a3b25492.jpg

I don't buy into it being track focused as an excuse for squealing brakes. There must be plenty of other cars out there just as track focused if not more that don't have the issue.

I saw a post on another thread saying the noise had gone after a couple of thousand miles. Any one else some significant miles and noticed the same?

If you are finding the stock pads squeal, wait until you find that they cook out on track and replace them. The HC800's are 100% worse.

Brembo brakes have always squealed. Its not a new thing. So much so that if you use a car running Brembo's on Forza Motorsport they do in the cut scene of the car pulling up on the grid.

I always used to run DS2500s on my other cars (brembos on my DC5 ran them) and they were great.

Might be a good move just to replace them.

It is silly, I could understand if it was a track only weapon but this is a car that has reversing cameras, cruise control, sat nav, COMFORT MODE etc.. for road use this noise is simply unacceptable.

Not a huge fan of DS2500 or HC800 for track use. Fine on the road though.

I don't buy into it being track focused as an excuse for squealing brakes. There must be plenty of other cars out there just as track focused if not more that don't have the issue.

I saw a post on another thread saying the noise had gone after a couple of thousand miles. Any one else some significant miles and noticed the same?

ive done 2k now and no better. im even driving my sons car in to town now {15 year rust bucket } so i dont get so embarrassed and laughed at.

Back