• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

Not a huge fan of DS2500 or HC800 for track use. Fine on the road though.

I went for the HC800 as they were an improvement over the OEM out on track, but wouldn't mean i couldn't stop on my way to work. I appreciate there are better pads if its a track only car. But the HC800's do both jobs well.

Has anyone had any problems connecting android auto? When I plug my phone in (through the correct USB) the car doesn't always recognise that it's connected. I should probably test the cable though it was brand new. My phone is getting on a bit so could be that.

I'm connecting through a USB-C cable but that shouldn't be an issue I'd hope as that's the new standard on androids.

If you are finding the stock pads squeal, wait until you find that they cook out on track and replace them. The HC800's are 100% worse.

Brembo brakes have always squealed. Its not a new thing. So much so that if you use a car running Brembo's on Forza Motorsport they do in the cut scene of the car pulling up on the grid.

I do remember this in a Forza from a few years back now you mention it!

Car marketed with ‘track focused technology’
Car bought for daily driving.
Here lies the issue....

Dude.. it's a 5 door hatch, not an ariel atom :p

Trimmed in suede-effect red and black fabric with red double stitching they provide excellent support for sports driving and superior comfort for the day-to-day journey.

I can cherry pick quotes off honda's website too.

Bottom line, 'track technology' or not it's a road car and shouldn't sound like a fox having sex every time you pull up.

Has anyone had any problems connecting android auto? When I plug my phone in (through the correct USB) the car doesn't always recognise that it's connected. I should probably test the cable though it was brand new. My phone is getting on a bit so could be that.

I'm connecting through a USB-C cable but that shouldn't be an issue I'd hope as that's the new standard on androids.

Try restarting the unit.... hold down the power button till it turns off.

it's a shame the Android Auto (and Apple Carplay?) cannot connect via Bluetooth and relies on the USB cable connection, especially as it renders the wireless charge station somewhat redundant.

I wonder if it's due to the bluetooth connection not fast or reliable enough for maps/audio streaming? or whether it's also due to concerns that connecting over bluetooth the mobile device is a little more portable during driving so potential to distract the driver.

??

must admit I wasn't sure on the use of the wireless charger as you always need the cable. But then if you just want to charge your phone and listen to your radio from the off its better as it always goes to car play/android once you plug cable (unless there is an option for it not to I just have not found yet)

New gremlin for me today. It thinks there is someone in the back seat so asks for seatbelt to be fastened. Either 1) There is a small gremlin 2) the last person to sit in it was my future mother in law who may be actually fatter than I thought or 3) my car is haunted....

New gremlin for me today. It thinks there is someone in the back seat so asks for seatbelt to be fastened. Either 1) There is a small gremlin 2) the last person to sit in it was my future mother in law who may be actually fatter than I thought or 3) my car is haunted....

do you have a child/baby seat in the back? I have a booster seat for my daughter which I think I've fathomed to be the ghostly rear passenger. maybe the weight sensor is super sensitive or maybe it works on microwave sensor so even if you've got a jacket or such on the back seat it might think it's a particularly light-weight passenger?

I don't have a child seat no, but now you mention it, there was a very light jacket on there.

I also wondered if the cold is raising a few issues. The area where the tweeter/speaker on the drivers side door mirror was buzzing like crazy with no radio on after a frosty night. Drove for 5 mins, played a bit of smooth jazz and it went and its not returned yet...

played a bit of smooth jazz

ThpYjm7.gif

As an update to the brake situation.

I sent honda (the dealer) an email Friday night with a video I'd made with a few examples of the brake squeal. Basically I put my phone in the door handle pocket and recorded 5mins of me entering a car park. Sent them just under a minute's worth of squealing.

The tech phoned me today and agreed it sounds horrible and shouldn't be sounding like that ('like a bus pulling up' as he phrased it) and they'd like to get the car in to have a look and see if there's anything they can do. I'm assuming that'll boil down to cleaning/refitting the pads and/or just replacing them and hoping for the best but at least it's something.

My worry is whatever they do will possibly cure it for a short period then it'll just come back but we'll see.

It's going in later on this week so let's see what comes from it.

That sounds positive and wish you all the best. However, I think Matthew B did that, but the answer was nothing they could do. Lets hope your dealer techs are a bit more flexible and you know, care about customer service and keeping you in a Honda....

As an update to the brake situation.

I sent honda (the dealer) an email Friday night with a video I'd made with a few examples of the brake squeal. Basically I put my phone in the door handle pocket and recorded 5mins of me entering a car park. Sent them just under a minute's worth of squealing.

The tech phoned me today and agreed it sounds horrible and shouldn't be sounding like that ('like a bus pulling up' as he phrased it) and they'd like to get the car in to have a look and see if there's anything they can do. I'm assuming that'll boil down to cleaning/refitting the pads and/or just replacing them and hoping for the best but at least it's something.

My worry is whatever they do will possibly cure it for a short period then it'll just come back but we'll see.

It's going in later on this week so let's see what comes from it.

That just means that the tech doesn't know that the car comes with track pads...

And the brake debate continues.....:p

A bit of squeal yes, not the excessive amounts. Also, Not everyone's do, that's the frustration.

I had a thought. If they refuse to do anything, ask to drive the demo. If they dont squeal, ask for the pads to be swapped over as minimal cost to them, man hours only. If they say no ask is it cos they will squeal like a piggy and put customers off....pretty much what it's doing to you....

Honda dont think thats excessive. Thats about the same as mine, Blxxdy awful
I have asked now twice if Honda can supply a acceptable decibel number regarding the noise. Strangely they havent got back to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsWpLX5B-w

I'll point out that after 10-20mins of driving the above video is basically what I get EVERY SINGLE TIME I come to a halt.

Wonder if certain people above consider this excessive or not?

heh an interesting idea fan :)

I'd be rejecting mine if it sounded like that, sounds awful, people are going over the top with this "track car" rubbish, it's a hot hatch for everyday use on the road and that's not an everyday use noise!

Back