• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

It's why most makers have given up on chrome plated nuts...and it will get worse when the nuts are disturbed because the pressure of a socket spanner will knock the chrome off the corners.
BMW ones are just black and some VAG models have plastic caps.

If you want shiny ones that last (and personally with black wheels I like the shiny contrast) the only answer is to have ones specially made out of stainless steel.

It’s booked in for the 27th to have my sill plates fitted and while it’s in there going to do as Honda have asked to inspect them and send pictures. It’s stupid I need new ones as you're not going to rub the rust off. Are Honda this bad for warranty claims? And it’s not as if it’s something really expensive. There's definitely a problem with their nuts haha. I’ll post up what they say, I’ve already rung Honda customer service to report it.

My Ford nuts are tickety-boo. Rest of the car though...

It’s booked in for the 27th to have my sill plates fitted and while it’s in there going to do as Honda have asked to inspect them and send pictures. It’s stupid I need new ones as you're not going to rub the rust off. Are Honda this bad for warranty claims? And it’s not as if it’s something really expensive. There's definitely a problem with their nuts haha. I’ll post up what they say, I’ve already rung Honda customer service to report it.

Honda used to be really good for warranty claims, but since the FK2 release they've been turning down claims for fun it seems.

Honda used to be really good for warranty claims, but since the FK2 release they've been turning down claims for fun it seems.

:lol I’ve got a 17 plate s-max to lug the family around and the dog and my ford nuts are ok. Just seems a bad batch maybe?

I have just had two claims go through - I will report back when they’ve been done.

Well I started this thread and I e lost patience with Honda. I have started proceedings to return the vehicle. To say that Honda UK are not interested in customers is a understatement. I have written three times to customer services and had the same Inept answer....i can always use on ombudsmen... is their stock answer. So I've written to the head of Honda UK and not so much as a reply. Next step is Go day Japan if no answer then it's ombudsmen. I'm happy to share my log of issues, it's on an excel spreadsheet with anyone that's interested. I also have rusty wheel nuts !!!

I see from the service schedule that a road test is on there, which surprises me because it's not a standard thing with other manufacturers.
It’s standard procedure on majority of services with all manufacturers. Not all components can be checked properly visually.

Well I started this thread and I e lost patience with Honda. I have started proceedings to return the vehicle. To say that Honda UK are not interested in customers is a understatement. I have written three times to customer services and had the same Inept answer....i can always use on ombudsmen... is their stock answer. So I've written to the head of Honda UK and not so much as a reply. Next step is Go day Japan if no answer then it's ombudsmen. I'm happy to share my log of issues, it's on an excel spreadsheet with anyone that's interested. I also have rusty wheel nuts !!!

I’d be interested.

I’d be interested also... As said I’ve got the wheel nuts issue and also the collision warning keeps going off when nothings in front. But when I rang Honda I didn’t get much help.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s standard procedure on majority of services with all manufacturers. Not all components can be checked properly visually.
This is about the first service though, and a road test is not generally on the service schedule with other manufacturers, although it is with Honda and the Type R.
A first service is basically just an oil and filter change with a quick glance over other things, so there should be no real need for a road test.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading this thread thought I would have a look at the wheel nuts on the FK8 and they are corroded, disappointing considering the car is only 5 months old.

As an aside I have owned a 98 Civic EK9 Type R since I imported it in 2007 and has sat outside for most of its 10 years, just looked at that and the wheel nuts look like new and I haven't changed them.

After reading this thread thought I would have a look at the wheel nuts on the FK8 and they are corroded, disappointing considering the car is only 5 months old.

As an aside I have owned a 98 Civic EK9 Type R since I imported it in 2007 and has sat outside for most of its 10 years, just looked at that and the wheel nuts look like new and I haven't changed them.

pictures of the EK9 Please!!! (don't move it Mods...!)

Back