• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Question about the interior illumination pack

Help!!

I'm at the point of discussing costs/options/deals with the salesman and one of the things thrown into the mix (by me) is the illumination pack. I've had various Mini's with the subtle interior lighting and quite like it.

I see it's listed at £599 as a Dealer option but I've also seen aftermarket footwell lighting kits advertised on here at a fraction of that cost.
(https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...ll-Lighting-Kits!&highlight=footwell+lighting)

I appreciate there's no subtle door handle lighting or door sill lighting, but is there anything else I'm missing?
Is it a popular option on a new car?
Is the footwell lighting kit above similar to what comes with the interior kit?

Questions, questions... :)

I would say buy my kit but then I would ;) but seriously my kit is very popular and I now do a oem manufactures wiring harness for full plug n play installation that can be done easily in under 20 minutes. I also offer a remote control dimmer option as well.

I had the door handle lights in the FK2 and do miss them but I hear the kit is a pig to fit and I feel once you remove door cars they rattle so I am leaving this even though I was tempted.

I would say buy my kit but then I would ;) but seriously my kit is very popular and I now do a oem manufactures wiring harness for full plug n play installation that can be done easily in under 20 minutes. I also offer a remote control dimmer option as well.

:)

It was seeing your kit and reading all the positive reviews that made me a bit unsure about what else must be included in the OEM kit to account for the extra £550ish

Red Illumination Pack
A combination of lights to give an ambient atmosphere to the inside of your car and greater visibility to the exterior. The pack includes the red front ambient footlight, illuminated door sill trims, red console illumination and red lining illuminations.

Foot well and door sills you can get for 300 odd at cox Honda website, the other 2 I'd expect cox to be able to supply.

Cox are on the forum pop them a question for the illumination pack price

Footwell (driver’s side)
03E8098F-B0ED-4478-BD3A-33F3AFF3243E_zpszlyebdwg.jpg

Door handle
B99181F3-138A-4183-AD26-7A3773808C4B_zpswkfo4qym.jpg

Front door sills
60E4B12D-EEA8-4158-970B-CFE12FD7FE50_zpsprjxabdg.jpg

Rear door sills
DE4BAAF6-AE66-43F3-B601-EE07151074E8_zpss1jgczdl.jpg

The door pockets are also illuminated.

Good pics..

I have the pack also, but the dealership (utter crapFest) didn't fit any of the door trims + I have no console lighting what so ever, total screw up..

As a heads up, so I can compare;)

What exactly are you supposed to get?

Also, am I right the rear door sills dont light up??

I went for the factory fitted option so have red illumination in both footwells which goes automatically brighter when the door opens. There’s also front door cills where the red typeR illuminates (as you say, the back ones don’t do anything) and there are small red lights on the interior door handles and in the door pockets so the doors also glow red. There’s also a red light in the roof consol where the interior lights are which shines down onto the centre consol and gear stick. Other than the footwell lights coming on when you open the door, the red illumination only comes on when the exterior lights are on.

How easy are the illuminated sills to fit? I have just ordered Ricks kit & have my eye on the door sills via Cox's.

Phil at Dream fitted the OEM Footwell and Door lighting kits for me. Took him an hour to do both. Instructions are very good and the car is already pre marked where you need to drill etc.

Back