• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Questionable EP3 Cabin Filters..?

Only just looked at my cabin filters since I got the car earlier this year, was a little stunned when half a forest and enough dust to fill several hoover bags came out.

The place I bought her supposedly did a 'full' service before hand over but in all my six months of car ownership (and only about 3,500 odd miles) I'm doubtful that these were new when I got her. Does anyone know the brand or whether after the time I've had it they could look like this?

I have looked up micron air and I'm pretty sure they are a charcoal/graphite colour when new so I'm hopeful they aren't 6 years old!!

IMG_7801.jpgIMG_7800.jpgIMG_7803.jpg

Replaced it today with a shiny new MANN set from EuroCarParts, hopefully they're okay, I couldn't resit their weekend sale prices. :D

Any filter I've used have been predominantly white. Even some charcoal filters are only faintly grey. They've been in a long time.

Not a big deal. My DC5 never had cabin filters until I put them in at circa 120k km.

Had my first long drive yesterday, the new filters definitely give a much less 'dusty' taste to the air, glad I changed them in the end.

On the evidence of those cabin filters have you checked the air filter etc in case that needs changing too?

I replaced the K&N cone that was on it with a stock air box and a shiny new filter when I first had her. Did the oil and filter at the same time as the cabin filters this week, that stuff was so dirty it was definitely not changed any time recently.

On the evidence of the MOT checker website, the garage just found out what she failed on and fixed it, but didn't do the more standard service items. Thankfully I've never taken her on a track or really ragged the nuts off it so I won't have done any lasting damage.

Time is ticking on a new clutch and release bearing though I fear.

Just out of interest I don't think my cabin filters have been changed recently is it an easy enough job to do?
cheers

Probably the easiest job you can do! the only way to mess it up is to put the filters upside down.

Drop the glovebox down and they are behind there

Incredibly easy, push in the sides in of your glove box to drop it down, find the little clip that holds the face plate for the cabin filters, remove the plate, pull the first filter out, slide the second filter to the right and pull out, replace the filter cartridges and then replace!

I think Hamza Type R has a decent thread with some pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back