• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

Had a play down a dual carriageway with another EP3 and it pulled on me noticeably, and the car was frequently spitting flames. The owner claims it's standard with a back box and cone filter. I find that hard to believe.

Not sure, when I had the Supercharger mine would spit huge flames. I might be wrong but Im sure the cat and silencers muffle the flames.

The cat is likely to burn off any unspent fuel, but that would happen too far up the exhaust to get a flame down the B pipe, through it's silencer and out of a back box silencer.

The cat could be fecked, or he's running a decat with an unsilenced B pipe and it's overfuelling on lift off for whatever reason.

My FN2 is running a full race header and cat-back and I don't get flames either.

May be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway..

Why do you want flames coming out of your exhaust?

i had a miniture one come out of mine once, it lasted for like a millionth of a second lol

May be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway..

Why do you want flames coming out of your exhaust?

The OP doesn't, he was just asking.

Me on the other hand thinks it's cool, and I would feel like batman :lol:

you feel like this

Barrett_flame_dantania_blogspot-com.jpg

but would really be a cross between this

toyota_yaris_converted_into_batmobile_for_everyday_batman_image_title_l1sb1.jpg

and this

article-1260047-08D53323000005DC-948_634x400.jpg

Turns out I'd been listening to a load of BS, it's got a full system, decatted with a manifold. Still claimed to be 'standard' though by friends of the owner, which I still can't quite get my head around.

Turns out I'd been listening to a load of BS, it's got a full system, decatted with a manifold. Still claimed to be 'standard' though by friends of the owner, which I still can't quite get my head around.

In that case I'd love to check his insurance policy, what's the odds he's not told them about the mods.

Contrary to popular belief, they run super rich without a Cat converter. Hence flamage.

This guy speaks the truth. Mine is exactly like this. I have japspeed 421, with a Hks cat back. I get big flames.

Before vtec fuelling is fine. But in vtec it riches up the mix to 11.5:1 meaning power has dropped to 190bhp.

Not a problem though as I will get my new ecu pretty soon. It's not doing any damage.

on most threads ive read on here people claim increased breathing mods make it run lean .

why flames?
FLAMES.jpg

My RX7 produced licks of flames, my EK with a cat just about managed to light up the inside of the exhaust - I would expect a K20 would unless they run lean...

Back