• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quiet exhaust

Morning everyone I just thought I would try and pick some of your brains! I'm looking for a new exhaust system that doesn't scream it's head off everywhere and ideally it should be as neighbour friendly as it can. I'm basically looking for more of a burble at low revs and it to sing when the Vtec kicks in. I've seen conflicting reviews on the dc sports system but is there a silencer or sole thing that can be added to it I'm not sure. And also in fitting the cat back system would I need to upgrade the ecu? Or what other systems are out there for the same money as the dc sports. Cheers. James

Fujitsubo Legalis could be your option.

And no you don't need a different ECU/MAP if you are just changing your exhaust sysytem. As long as you have your CAT then you're fine.

Is that the same money as the dc sports then? Also where could I get one from? And no I'll be just fitting the cat back system but do the ECUs give good gains anyway. I've seen they cost a fair bit!

Sorry just read your topic clearly.

have you heard Spoon system? Spoon N1? and Spoon middle pipe? I think that's what you are looking for.

Youtube has some videos of it. It won't be as loud as long as you have silencer in the middle section.

I am using Unsilenced mid pipe and Spoon N1, and it is far too loud. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If your just looking for a change of sound, keep the OEM manifold, Cat, and Backbox, and get a 2.5 inch B-Pipe. Sounds throaty, but not stupidly loud.

As Tom said change b pipe for 2.5". Won't be overly loud when driving normally. If its not loud enough for you could always add a spoon n1 at a later date. Personally I wouldn't bother with the bung. I run the n1 with a supersprint silenced b pipe, not overly loud imo but its kind of subjective.

Ok then so would the spoon with the bung in and silenced b pipe be ok then. If the spoon isn't to loud compared to standard this should be ok I would have thought. Where would be the best place to get the spoon n1 and supersprint as well out of interest?

The Spoon is a lot louder that stock as a cat back. Imo its not excessively loud, but as stated this is subjective.
Thats why I suggested swapping the b pipe out first as this would only be marginally louder than stock.
IIRC Eight speed do the supersprint and hendyeshop are spoon distributors.

Yeah try using Unsilenced 2.5 mid pipe first with OEM backbox, if its' not loud enough you could put N1 after that, but mating unsilenced and Spoon n1 will be loud.

So use your OEM silenced mid pipe then add it up with Spoon first then if you want it to be louder get unsilenced pipe with n1. Saving you from buying twice for the mid pipe.

Don't bother with the bung.

If your just looking for a change of sound, keep the OEM manifold, Cat, and Backbox, and get a 2.5 inch B-Pipe. Sounds throaty, but not stupidly loud.

Hello mate,

i'd like to do this but i know nothing about exhaust modding, where would i get one of these and how much am i looking at??

Back