• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

quietest F/I exhaust for EP3 ?

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
I need something that can take some punishment without crying too much about it...

it has to have an an ID of at least 60 ;)

Any suggestion guys?

i think your best bet is a custom made one, you'll be able to give exact specifications you need and not settle for a close enough off the shelf cat back

Bedford has some of the most restrictive noise limit... 110dB static and 88 dB drive by.

I did 88.5dB at Bedford and that got me barred for the day.

When I say quiet I mean I need 87dB on ultra full bean drive by. that's the one that hurts on our VTec engines...

seano said the standard backbox was restrictive for him?

Yes it was for him, but he was running the smaller rotrex without an intercooler so his exit temps were a lot higher and the N1 helped the gas flow quicker than the std one. With an intercooler the it all runs cooler so maybe it's less important to have a less restrictive exhaust. I think the std back box is pretty good. I don't know how much of a gain I'd get with a 75mm system but I know it would be LOUD!

Thats the way I see it anyway.

I doubt you'll get much of a quieter setup than the one I've got. At 5k revs we're moving a lot of gas through the exhaust,to make it quieter will start to reduce the power.

I would also consider a system designed like Toda with a turned down tailpipe that directs a large part of the sound downwards.

Twin loop, Fujitsubo? JASMA stamped exhausts are pretty quiet. Toda is a good suggestion though :cool:

Back