• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

R28884 - Milano Red EP3

Had it a few days now and absolutely love it! That Vtech range is addictive!!!
Bought it from Kingswood Motors in Bristol - they have a few more too...a slightly modded Cosmic Grey one; A Mugen tweaked NHB 54 plate, another NHB CTR and a silver Premier.
I got them to swap the rims over as they were pretty badly curbed, but now they haven't a mark on them...
Issues: think I'll be needing to replace the brakes fairly soon and the Potenzas have only got 4 months or so in them - they're tram-lining a bit too so not sure whether I need to go get it tracked and balanced?

Anyways, glad to be part of the team!!!

Mods - the previous owner put an engine start button in where the cig lighter would have been - I'll take some pics and upload.

Mods planned:
Gruppe M; Buddy Club exhaust (want spec 2, but think it'll be too loud?); tein shocks; new brakes needed - so any recommendations welcome!

Attachments

• Iphone Pics 027.jpg
    Iphone Pics 027.jpg
    805.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Iphone Pics 046.jpg
    Iphone Pics 046.jpg
    996.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Iphone Pics 049.jpg
    Iphone Pics 049.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Iphone Pics 068.jpg
    Iphone Pics 068.jpg
    886.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Iphone Pics 071.jpg
    Iphone Pics 071.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 52
Couple more pics...

Attachments

• Iphone Pics 098.jpg
    Iphone Pics 098.jpg
    823.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Iphone Pics 114.jpg
    Iphone Pics 114.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 18
I saw that motor on the forecourt! I live a stones throw away. Very nice in red. Bought a black one, looks nice when clean but what a nightmare to keep it that way.

Getting addicted to the vtec too :)

Very tasty mate! You seem happy with it, how much? :D :D

Was on at 85, but got it for 8 with new rims on...fairly good deal...
Originally going for a premier, but as soon as I started looking for CTRs prices flew up...ah well...have to get those Recaros at some point!

"I saw that motor on the forecourt! I live a stones throw away. Very nice in red. Bought a black one, looks nice when clean but what a nightmare to keep it that way.

Getting addicted to the vtec too :) "

Did you buy from these guys too...
I was tempted by the Mugen faced one, but quite high mileage for the age??

Yep, the engine is great...can't wait to start tweaking! :twisted:

Nick CTR is selling some Prem seats. £550 should take £250. He's a lovely lad.

Was on at 85, but got it for 8 with new rims on...fairly good deal...
Originally going for a premier, but as soon as I started looking for CTRs prices flew up...ah well...have to get those Recaros at some point!

"I saw that motor on the forecourt! I live a stones throw away. Very nice in red. Bought a black one, looks nice when clean but what a nightmare to keep it that way.

Getting addicted to the vtec too :) "

Did you buy from these guys too...
I was tempted by the Mugen faced one, but quite high mileage for the age??

Yep, the engine is great...can't wait to start tweaking! :twisted:

No they weren't there when I was looking. Bought from Honda (ouch!)

I like the sound of the Gruppe M Cold Induction kit, talking about tweaking. Wait until the Warranty has ran out first though!

Engine Start Button

Just thought I'd wack in a pic of the engine start button too.
Pros - looks flush and is a great feature
Cons - I don't have a cig lighter (not that I smoke)

Bought the car with it in and I use it every time, so no complaints from my end really. Seen a few inset and to the left of the steering column, but not here?

This forum is quality though...
I've decided my next few things will be:
Touch up the silver strips on door handles (or buy new ones from Honda).
Get some JDM ARBs and some struts.
Prob tackle suspension along with new tyre and brakes (not sure on tyres yet, was thinking Toyo Proxes??? - Brakes, looks like the Ferrodos are the choice to make)

The hit the Buddy Club Exhaust and Gruppe M along with full JDM red carpets....

This is a project ...

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 23
Looks good that. Mine is just to the left of the steering wheel, not that I ever use it.

My next tyres will be Toyo T1Rs.

Button looks great, but you still have to put the key in, and turn it?

Where can the button be bought from? :d

Button looks great, but you still have to put the key in, and turn it?

Where can the button be bought from? :d

:) Thanks mate - not sure...I'm trying to get hold of the previous owner to find out where he did get it from and if he had any other bits done to it...
Yep, still have to turn the key then press it down - but a novelty at the moment, so use it everytime...Pretty happy with the finish though - good job whoever did it!

Looks good that. Mine is just to the left of the steering wheel, not that I ever use it.

My next tyres will be Toyo T1Rs.

is the button easy to fit on these? as robsons mention its a novelty might give it a go if its easy job to fit

nice car robsons

is the button easy to fit on these? as robsons mention its a novelty might give it a go if its easy job to fit

nice car robsons

Yeh, I tried to source/track down the previous owner who I assumed did it, but the number I was given by the garage no longer worked??

I haven't seen many in this position, but I'm sure it isn't too hard to do??
A lot of people wack it to the left of the steering column!

Unfortunately money has limited any mods so far...ordered a few little things like mugen oil cap and rad cap, so they should be on the way - otherwise, HAVE to get some new tyres and brakes...
After doing a lot of searching and reviews I think I'm going to settle with the Potenzas again - a lot of tram lining when worn, but I can't really fault the grip!
As for brakes - ferrodo ds2500 pads and torn between oem discs and tarox g88??
Probably get them done down TGM, so will get the camber bolts/adjusters done with a JDM arb at the same time - looking at October now though! :(

I bought some potenzas for mines and there good tyres apart from that there costly,ive notticed alot people are going for toyos and price is good aswell,

i need some brake pads and discs so ordered from ebay mintex discs and pads its just for normal road use no track thing then agian i might see in the future,

Just been looking on the CTRO forum and came across these pics...my car in it's previous life!!!

Reassuring actually as I read every post the guy had made and he said that he never had an issue with it!
Anyway, here is what it looked like - thoughts...?

I'm not a fan of the red strip around the rims, but love the mugen spoiler...magnex exhaust - not my cup of tea, but each to their own...

I did find out that it is sitting on H&R springs though.
Anyone have any experience with these? I know H&R are reputable and have some quality coilovers, but anyone got them on their ctr?

Cheers!

Back