• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

R35 GTR Restoration

OMG :eek:

Redefines the phrase `cleaned my car today`

Outstanding work
salute.gif

I Know :D. As he said just sitting at a port waiting shipping. Just shows that even on expensive Japanese cars the paint can be a bit suspect.

This whole detailing lark makes me depressed every time I go and clean mine... or try to :D

I Know :D. As he said just sitting at a port waiting shipping. Just shows that even on expensive Japanese cars the paint can be a bit suspect.

This whole detailing lark makes me depressed every time I go and clean mine... or try to :D

You got the right colour to keep you depressed as well. Keeping NHB clean and swirl free is an endless task.

Very good. 8)

A detailed restoration of the paintwork whilst under a tight timescale. The pitting of the topcoat from the rain is very bad and it would be something to watch out for on R35-GTR's that are imported over. Personally, I would 3M/Ventureshield the front/flanks and roof from further damage.

G. I'm sure you get very good results. You have a very keen eye for detail. ;)

Very good. 8)

A detailed restoration of the paintwork whilst under a tight timescale. The pitting of the topcoat from the rain is very bad and it would be something to watch out for on R35-GTR's that are imported over. Personally, I would 3M/Ventureshield the front/flanks and roof from further damage.

G. I'm sure you get very good results. You have a very keen eye for detail. ;)

Lol, mine has done so many miles the front end is super pitted and I have more parking dings than I can shake a stick at. I will be getting her painted next year. I have even decided on the colour (not white). Oh and I will be getting a car bra to preserve the paint at the front. And no, I do not care if folks hate it :D. Paint costs to much.

Lol, mine has done so many miles the front end is super pitted and I have more parking dings than I can shake a stick at. I will be getting her painted next year. I have even decided on the colour (not white). Oh and I will be getting a car bra to preserve the paint at the front. And no, I do not care if folks hate it :D. Paint costs to much.
Just make sure the Bra is fitted well. My CTR had one when on when I bought it, but it had been fitted by Stevie Wonder and it looked like a right dogs dinner. I spent a whole weekend getting it off and then having to polish all of the remaining adhesive off. Not fun.

I think car bras are a great idea. Ultimate protection and better than plastic filming. I've only seen one or two over in the UK but plenty in the States.

Jermal - thought they just strapped on? Are there sticky pads underneath to stop the edges from popping up?

I think car bras are a great idea. Ultimate protection and better than plastic filming. I've only seen one or two over in the UK but plenty in the States.

Jermal - thought they just strapped on? Are there sticky pads underneath to stop the edges from popping up?
Sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick. I was talking about the adhesive plastic filming. I am obviously not aware of this car bra that you speak of. I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5. :oops:

Every time I see a GT-R I think it gets better and better.

Really good work by the detailers too.

awesome cars!! still haven't seen one yet though a few of my mates have :(

deffo on my list to get my ctr detailed. possibly let the winter go past first though. could deffo do with it. and the more you read on detailing world the worse it looks when i walk up to her in the sun hahaha! ocd me thinks.

Back