• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 R8860 new owner!

Hi all, I'm new here! Picked up my CBP FK8 on friday, it's an awesome bit of kit! Coming from an MK3 Megane rs250, the CTR is so much more refined, a lot easier to drive, and more comfortable. Didn't expect it to be a whole lot faster than the 250, but it is!

Not had a good chance to play around with it yet with sub 100 miles on the clock, however I have already noticed the brakes slightly squealing at really low speed braking, I see this is a common thing already!

One thing is bugging me though, I can't figure out the keyless locking. Is the car supposed to lock as you walk away from it (doors/windows/boot closed etc) without pressing any buttons on the remote?

Also if the car is left again with all doors etc closed is it supposed to lock itself after 30 sec? (Or whatever defined in the settings)

Mine won't walk away lock or auto lock, I have to press the button on the remote, is this how it should be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I hadn't given it much thought but would like to know this myself.

I normally just make sure I lock it as I leave with the fob (as I like to pull the mirrors in too and that requires you to press lock, then press lock again and hold it for a second or two)

There are settings for locking behaviour in the vehicle settings; might be worth seeing if anything jumps out at you there that's perhaps turned off.

Had a good look through the war and peace of a manual which seems to suggest the car should have this feature but going though all the settings on the screen, "walk away locking" isn't there, but the self locking is set to 30sec. Bit weird!

Welcome Unreal, great to see another owner

I was close to getting a grey Meg 250 Cup on the lovely 19s, but held out when I saw this was being released

I also have this question....I really should read the manual but for now make sure my mirrors are folded to make sure its locked.

Another question - how do you leave parking lights on anyone? They just turn themselves off when I walk away

The car will only auto lock if a door isn't opened after pressing the key fob, if you open a door and walkaway it will stay unlocked.
I made that mistake and left it for 10 hours unattended right after release date

Yup made that same mistake, thinking the keyless system worked the same as my meg! Spoke to a guy at my local stealership yesterday who confirmed the R does not walk away lock.

Anyone else having people in traffic get their phones out and start taking pictures as you pass! lol! loving the attention this car gets!

Back