• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

race engine mods pics added

its going very well thanks, i will post some pictures on monday.
The front frame is all done, the carbon lower crossmember is done, bodywork mounts finished, upper CF crossmember for lights and rad - pretty much done, well mould made anyhow. Mitsubishi evo 7 world rally car pedel box done and the WRC steering column mounted, steering rack converted to LHD and also fit.......crickey i have been busy.
will post pics soon.
cheers

see pictures below of progress, the last picture of the steering column was done last week, so they are bang up tp date.
cheers

28012009090.jpg

28012009091.jpg

15022009108.jpg

23042009037.jpg

22042009032.jpg

26042009042.jpg

30042009044.jpg

30042009045.jpg

13052009051.jpg

14052009052.jpg

14052009053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
its a shame from you guys point of view that all this work is not a civic or teg, believe me i would prefer a pure race spec DC5. But if was building a "normal" race it wouldnt be quite so interesting! thanks for the support.

its a shame from you guys point of view that all this work is not a civic or teg, believe me i would prefer a pure race spec DC5. But if was building a "normal" race it wouldnt be quite so interesting! thanks for the support.

What's not to like, lightweight car, strong light and powerful engine. I think this is a great plan. Going to be a right hoot to drive :D.

just bumped into this thread and, well, what a great job. how long has this project taken you approximately? you must have the patients of a saint

sorry its been a while, i will post some up to date pics soon.
I have spent around 300 hours on it so far, around 18mnths of part time playing.
Just on with the back suspension sub frame at the moment with double wishbones, mgf rear uprights(although slightly moddied) and AP brakes.

What a mammoth task. It'll be a work of art when it's done...

...Buuuuuuut... It's still a saxo.

Back