• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Random question on engine start buttons

Not sure if this is in the right section.

I have an engine start button in my TF, but its cheap and nasty...

anyway I'm going to pop in a honda one, to go with the honda engine lol... my question's are: Is the Civic start button the same as the S2000 one?

and does the button light up with the side lights?

Thanks for the quick replys :)... The civic hire car I had had one, guess they put them in the new civics after the s2000?

So does anyone know if they light up?

ep3 is the shape of the civic type R up until 2006 mate

depending on which kit you get it should have the instructions wires and relay, got mine of ebay about 10 months ago for about £50, instructions were generic and wrong lol luckily im good with electrics so was able to fit it quite easy. its wired to the ignition, the keys are still required in position 2 before pressing the button, and can still start car from keys, or you can cut the wire completely so it only starts from start button but i didn't do this just in case.

Well now I'm really confused because I went to my local Honda dealership and they said the civic bottom does light up but the s2000 one doesn't :S

here is a picture of the kit and it installed mate, I have changed the led to blue but it was originally red and it is a official Honda part.

Attachments

• 02012010224..jpg
    02012010224..jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 15102008166..jpg
    15102008166..jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 29
yeah as far as i can remember it was a s2000 start button, but then again it could have just been generic description!

jobs a good un, got my S2000 start button and it came with a "fitting kit" of sorts, mated it up with my wires and modified the cars ciggy lighter to make it fit... looks the dogs

shall get some pics asap

as for the lighting up question it does light up but only at night (im assuming its photo sensitive like a street light)

thanks for all the help guys

What do you guys do with the cig lighter with this mod? Surely even if you don't smoke it is not something you'd just want to do away with completely? (e.g. TomTom charging)

I took my cig lighter and had it moved into the centre console where the black sliding door/hatch is. I've got it so that when you pull the cig lighter out to use it, it's pulled towards the front of the car, by doing this it still alows me to use the sliding cup holders and the storage underneath. Don't know if this helps, but thats the set up I've got and it works well.

hmm mine is constantly lit as soon as the keys are put in and turned! it must be the way you have wired it.
yeah i moved my cigarette lighter to the compartment under the sliding door to :D best place for it.

get some pics ups mate :)

Back