• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattling noise coming from engine bay ?

hi ther people just new to the site and hoping for someone to shed some light on my problem. Well i own a CTR 55 plate anniversary and i am getting a rattling noise whilst driving in every gear between 2 and 3k revs, ive tryed removing every heatshield from the manifold too the drive shaft< removed the v-tech cover changed the oil, had the car in at honda for a gear box check and everything is sound, but no one can locate the problem and this is starting to get on my nerves:mad:. This noise has been here since ive owned the car which i purchased in january! thnk you for taking the time to look at this.

IMO I wouldn't worry too much and turn the radio up. It's quite common for rattling to be heard but never nothing serious

Have you tried lifting the revs to between 2-3k rpm manually from under the bonnet to locate the sound?

It sounds external to the engine, resonance frequency.

hi ther people just new to the site and hoping for someone to shed some light on my problem. Well i own a CTR 55 plate anniversary and i am getting a rattling noise whilst driving in every gear between 2 and 3k revs, ive tryed removing every heatshield from the manifold too the drive shaft< removed the v-tech cover changed the oil, had the car in at honda for a gear box check and everything is sound, but no one can locate the problem and this is starting to get on my nerves:mad:. This noise has been here since ive owned the car which i purchased in january! thnk you for taking the time to look at this.

Have you removed the heatshield that is located at the back near the steering rack. My rattles its tw@ off. Might be worth a look

I hate rattles.

As said; open the bonnet, and get someone else to rev it to the range and listen for the rattle. I had one very similar to yours, it was the bonnet catch for some reason, random. Sorted.

Has it got any mods at all?

omly mod is the induction kit mate. cheers to all taking the time to help me out i shall try these suggestiond as soon as i have the time an let you know the outcome

Which induction kit? Could be a rattle from a loose fitting or it knocking against something?

Welcome along btw :D

tried running with the induction kit off and the noise is still there, as from this weekend i can now hear the noise whilst reving the engine in neutral????

Back