• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RBC intake manifold noise?

I fitted mine on the driveway with the help of an experienced mechanic. Its not simple as a few hoses etc are different lengths and Honda decided to fit two support brackets under the manifold. One of which you need to get under the car to un bolt. Other than that and the slam panel cutting its not too bad.

£60 off eBay.

Again tegiwa do one.

The reason I ask is because the RBC is bigger and will put strain on the oem inlet pipe.

The sfs hose is easily trimmed, and more robust - it also looks better ;)

The oem inlet pipe may not even fit with the RBC now I think about it.

52df98b0.jpg

Has anyone fitted the RBC with oem inlet pipe on a DC5. Was going to fit it today but not sure if my inlet hose will do the job TEMPORARILY. Will order a SFS hose today.

Are you using the OEM throttle body? It will fit fine if that's the case, if you have upgraded to a 70mm throttle body it will be a bit of a stretch

Are you using the OEM throttle body? It will fit fine if that's the case, if you have upgraded to a 70mm throttle body it will be a bit of a stretch
I am using an upgraded 70mm throttle body but I took off the inlet hose to try it on the throttle body and it fits (a bit of a squeeze). Should be fine temporarily till I get my SFS hose.

Yeah replace it with a SHS hose when you get chance because I did the same on my CTR using the OEM hose on a 70mm throttle body and it split after a few weeks. Replaced it with a Tegiwa silicon hose and its fine now, still a tight fitment but it certainly wont split

Back