• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rbc intake

I better decide whether to stay N/a or not before I make my next move then :confused:

Really, we should all decied this before we start anything.

I'll be staying NA all the way with my EP3, that's what Honda's are all about IMO.

If I wanted FI i'd get something AWD I reckon.

:)

So,

People say these are fitted to the euro ATR. So if I was able to see a crash damaged ATR in a breakers and took the inlet mani off it would be this one presuming its the stock one??

No, it's from the Accord Euro R (CL7) which runs the K20A engine, this car was never sold in the UK. The ATR that was sold here has an H22 engine and the intake manifold is completely different.

I'm thinking of getting one of these from the guy on ebay. Only question I have is what am I likely to get stung with on customs charges?

Anyone on here purchased a kit? What did you pay in total including customs charges if any?

Will it be too much to justify it as an effective cost vs power increase??

Been chatting with Paul @ TDi and he's also suggested the guy on ebay as it's a complete kit.

Will it be too much to justify it as an effective cost vs power increase??

IMO as soon as your thinking about a RBC your trying to eek a extra few horses for a big wedge of cash, I assume you already have the other breathing mods and the like??

The battle for more horses while staying away from FI is a big and expensive one.

Only with a new (bigger) throttle body and maybe some head work cam's will this become a big help.

Didn't stop me thinking about getting one though :p.

I was just trying to answer your question about it being a cost effective mod :D.

IMO as soon as your thinking about a RBC your trying to eek a extra few horses for a big wedge of cash, I assume you already have the other breathing mods and the like??

The battle for more horses while staying away from FI is a big and expensive one.

Only with a new (bigger) throttle body and maybe some head work cam's will this become a big help.

Didn't stop me thinking about getting one though :p.

I was just trying to answer your question about it being a cost effective mod :D.

Thanks Suits. Yep, I've got a Supersprint catback exhaust, ITG filter, got a Spoon header and DC5 2-1 cat to go on. Just want to get it all done at once. Just going to get one in the next few months.

Want to stay with N/A as after all it is the ethos of Honda :D

ive now fitted a buddy club 70mm throttle body designed to fit the rbc intake, will be getting a remap again next week so will let you know what bhp i get, so you can decide weather or not you stay N/A or go down the FI route

ive now fitted a buddy club 70mm throttle body designed to fit the rbc intake, will be getting a remap again next week so will let you know what bhp i get, so you can decide weather or not you stay N/A or go down the FI route

Seeing as though you have the RBC and the new throttle body i'd say stay NA.

They say, that with a RBC and TB you should see about 5bhp with a already decent filter and full exhaust system.

'They' say a lot don't they.

id like to stay n/a but cost implications may lead me down the FI route. If i can find some second hand parts in the future id like to stay N/A thats for sure.

I'm going to look forward to this. Will give me a good indication of what to expect. ;)

It's all go for the RBC Intake. Coupled with my existing mods, I'm hoping I get the power gains I'm looking for.

Time to pull the OT at work. Here we go!.........

Back