• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Re: FD2 JDM CIVIC TYPE R - On 5th Gear (channel 5) 3rd Sept

Nice to see FD2 on track. Went rather well, extra pace was obvious and it was much more composed around the corners.

Everyone comments about the ride - I leathered it around A and B roads and I never thought once that it was rock hard :confused:

All in all, a great result. Strangely, I am now finding that I like the red stripe and think the option type R racing stripe would look :cool:

I would think they have these cars for some time and do a number of timed laps so I bet that 3 seconds is consistent

Excellent demonstration of what Honda Japan offer their own customers. :( :( :(

Thank fook Japanese motors are RHD - Imports FTW!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Everyone comments about the ride - I leathered it around A and B roads and I never thought once that it was rock hard :confused:

I agree. I didn't think it was too bad at all...but the suspension on the Accord is pretty solid so maybe it's less noticeable.

Then again maybe it's a girl thing...

ARGH!! Can't believe I missed it

I switched on at half past hoping it would be on last but noooooooo, they had to go on put it on first didn't they :mad:

I agree. I didn't think it was too bad at all...but the suspension on the Accord is pretty solid so maybe it's less noticeable.

Then again maybe it's a girl thing...

Have you guys been in a DC5? Is the FD2 a similar ride?

I haven't upgraded the suspension on my DC5 and I'm happy with it TBH. I don't find it too hard at all.

Have you guys been in a DC5? Is the FD2 a similar ride?

I haven't upgraded the suspension on my DC5 and I'm happy with it TBH. I don't find it too hard at all.

Hi mate, I drove the 2 a week apart and found the DC5 much much firmer. However, it is possible it might not have been riding on stock suspension (looked stock though and no other changes). I was quite amazed by how hard the DC5 was tbh

3 seconds!! OMG. That's an eternity!

You can see the FD2 certainly does a lot better around the corners and it just sticks to the road whereas the FN2 just goes wide.

I can't belive that they thought that the FD2 was a more solid car. As stated at the beguinning of the piece, the springs are more solid. And as for quicker, of course it is, a harder set up on a dry track is going to produce better results. perhaps the old EP3 should have been put in the mix with the other two cars to see where that would fair.

Personally, FD2 rules.

Apart from the chassis, pretty much everything else on the FD2 is an upgrade from the FN2, so its no surprise theres a 3 sec gap between them. Its effectively a modified CTR imo. But yakshemash, its nice! :p

The only thing I can't stand about the FD2 tho is the rear. Just doesn't look right. Otherwise I would have bought one.:(

Apart from the chassis, pretty much everything else on the FD2 is an upgrade from the FN2, so its no surprise theres a 3 sec gap between them. Its effectively a modified CTR imo. But yakshemash, its nice! :p

The only thing I can't stand about the FD2 tho is the rear. Just doesn't look right. Otherwise I would have bought one.:(

Reminds me of an accord, but i like that

I wonder what Honda Uk will make of 5th gear showing there CTR up by the Honda Japan version. And Vickis brother who seems to work for Honda Uk. Bet they were a bit shocked at the overall outcome!

It seemed to me to show the UK CTR as a product for a much broader sales market. The FD2 is probably a bit too extreme for most road users.

I think the opposite....they should have put the FD2 rear on the FN2.

I still think the front of the FD2 is sh!te.....

The thing I like about the FD2 is the way it can shut up all those who say FF cars can't be corner, understeers, has poor traction etc. This for me reminds me of when the DC2 was first launched. Killed all the competition bar none including some FI cars at the time. :cool:

Back