• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RE050 on one axle, AD08 on the other

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Looks like I need new fronts as they are at 3mm. I really want some AD08's but I can't really afford to shell out for 4 as I've just paid for the Euro Tunnel, new brakes, car tax etc etc. :lol:

Would I be an idiot to put two AD08's on the front and keep the RE050's on the back, till say May/June when I'd get the other two? Or even put the AD08's on the back, and move the RE050's to the front?

If they were RE050A's on the back, I would just buy two more but they are the "normal" RE050.

as long as the tyres are the same across an axle i wouldn't care or notice the difference. presumably they are the same brand of tyre just different spec. fill your boots.

The AD08's would be super sticky compared to the Bridgestone so in theory creating an unbalanced car, hence my concern.

Main reason I'm getting rid of my Falkens is because I've got the Eagle F1 2s on the front and they give a lot more grip.

It's led to the car being quite tail happy which is a bit of fun on the road but I don't fancy it going loose belting round the Ring or Spa.

Super sticky at the back for safety, at the front for backwards on a wet roundabout lols. Or backwards into Wipperman.

Yeah I'm thinking of putting them on the back tbh.

I've wanted to AD08's for ages, but the RE050A is not a bad tyre either.

I would put the Falkens on the front in my case but I like turn it when I ask for it.

£220 delivered for two AD08 from Rarerims. I can't find it cheaper than that anywhere online. Tempted.

Just buy 4 and be done with it.

Sell your part worns, on eBay/Gumtree if need be.

Ive got Proxies on my fronts and "Infinity" tyres on the back....... dont have a clue what infinity are but must be budget tyres cos my back end kicks out an awful lot!! :)

my fronts are near the limit, so gonna get a set of proxies for all 4's to hopefully stop the back end kicking out :)

I'd put them on diagonally. One on the front, one on the back, but on opposite sides. This will even out the car and give you better grip all round.

Or for £200 on a credit card buy four and come back from the ring alive.

I'd stick them the pots on the rear as oversteer is safer, looks good, more fun to drive oh and gets the girls.

But then another part of me says sling them on the front to use them up and then come home and get another pair.

Are you nuts. Oversteer FTW.

agreed, oversteer makes you look very cool infront of a group of 17 year old chavs but fcuking dangerous when your bombing down a country lane when the rear end decides to step out causing your rear end to hit that high verge/kirb that then sends you into a roll resulting in killing you.

understeer is more controlable imo.

Back