• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Really bad vibration/shaking through the whole car when on the power!!

Just got my car back and he said my tyres are almost illegal and when I get them changed and balanced it should go, said he couldn't see any other reason for it, I'll get them done next weekend and report back!

Shaking at a certain speed is either wheels need balancing or tyres. Anything driveshaft or brake disc related would rear its head in different circumstances
Even before the above post - Iwould have bet money on wheels or tyres

Just got my car back and he said my tyres are almost illegal and when I get them changed and balanced it should go, said he couldn't see any other reason for it, I'll get them done next weekend and report back!

You've got a different problem to the original post.

Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2

Oh yea I forgot about that part of the post lol. Shame I couldn't help then, I wouldn't have a clue what it was without being told!

From experience i know that if a tyre has become out of shape, the vibration would not stop.
The original problem is not tyres

out of interest was this every solved, sounds like an unbalenced something, driveshafts or something simular. could a warped flywheel do this?
just asking out of interest. You can never know to much :)

out of interest was this every solved, sounds like an unbalenced something, driveshafts or something simular. could a warped flywheel do this?
just asking out of interest. You can never know to much :)

I thought it'd be a driveshaft but Charged up has the answer but hasn't let us know

Ive had the same problem, after a quick inspection my o/s inner cv joint is shot! It turns out its very difficult to get hold of new drive shafts and im very reluctant to putting a used shaft in. does anyone know of a trader that sells shafts for the ep3? honda want over 400 quid :s

Solved....

I found this thread through a google search having experienced transmission vibrations when reaching over 60mph that really kicked in when braking. Firstly it appeared that the stabliser joint had broken, but the vibrations continued even when both were replaced.

What wasnt spotted though was the rusty lower suspension arm which eventually gave when driving completly ruining the entire front wing.

If anyone is interested in buying an 05 EP3 for spares or repairs just get in touch. Its sadly going to cost me more than the car's worth to get it sorted through a garage.

My friend had this in his wasn't going fast lucky enough and only damage to his wing, he fixed his,

I caught mine just in time, it is common on the EP3's the arms seem to rust through from the top so its easy to miss as often you look under the car and the arm looks ok from the bottom. It also seems to happen more to the passenger side, so worth checking during services in case.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

And it was the passenger side on mine!

Yeah, looking from beneath things didnt look too bad so hopefully this thread manages to catch this issue on someone elses before its too late.

Solved....

I found this thread through a google search having experienced transmission vibrations when reaching over 60mph that really kicked in when braking. Firstly it appeared that the stabliser joint had broken, but the vibrations continued even when both were replaced.

What wasnt spotted though was the rusty lower suspension arm which eventually gave when driving completly ruining the entire front wing.

If anyone is interested in buying an 05 EP3 for spares or repairs just get in touch. Its sadly going to cost me more than the car's worth to get it sorted through a garage.
Thank you for taking the time to register and provide your insight, it's appreciated.

Back