• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear o/s brakes binding

As it says in the title my rear o/s brake have been advised on the mot as slightly binding the discs and pads are fairly new and the pads are almost gone.

I rebuilt the caliper last year for the same problem but it's happen a few times since I have also been cleaning the spring on it which attaches to the handbrake cable with no luck and makeing sure the slider pins are lubed...so I'm out of ideas so im asking you lot for any advice. Many thanks in advance

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I had to replace both my fronts recently, can confirm the Budweg ones I got from that website are very good so far.

Can't see budweg rears

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
They're the cheapest rear calipers on the site, with no service exchange on them. I've bought a pair recently.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

If it's been binding for a while then you'll also want to check you haven't cooked the pad on that side. The disc, if it's been hot enough for long enough, will have generated an orange patina around the rim, the pad might have burn marks where the caliper meets the back of it.

Hi, can anyone confirm that the 30th anniversary front brake callipers from brakeparts.com definitely come with the Type R embossed on the side? They would be for my premium edition.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back